• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Of the Below 4 Listed Barrel Makers, which one makes the Best in overall accuracy?
    Any personal knowledge or posted on-line reviews attesting to accuracy and quality would be helpful.

1. White Oak Armament ?

2. Columbia River Arms ?

3. Wilson Combat ?

4. Midwest Gun Works ?

Reading their "About Us" and whatnot Stories of how they became, but no where do they guarantee MOA (of they 4 listed)?
    I mean even BCA guarantees their 16" or longer barrels to hold a 1 MOA @ 100yds. I want tighter than that, besides, BCA doesn't carry the caliber I'm wanting.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There are so many "end user" variables,only several gun and/or barrel manufacturers will guarantee <1" accuracy. A couple,that I can think of will guarantee well under 1 inch.
    IMO. - -> a good bbl is about a 2.0" bbl. (And MY definition of a good bbl is 5,5shot groups,that average <2.0" at 100yds.) BTW . . . most shooters cannot do this on their best day.
    The rest is shooter induced. Which cannot be controlled by the manufacturer. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    There are so many "end user" variables,only several gun and/or barrel manufacturers will guarantee <1" accuracy. A couple,that I can think of will guarantee well under 1 inch.
    IMO. - -> a good bbl is about a 2.0" bbl. (And MY definition of a good bbl is 5,5shot groups,that average <2.0" at 100yds.) BTW . . . most shooters cannot do this on their best day.
    The rest is shooter induced. Which cannot be controlled by the manufacturer. --- SAWMAN

I have been looking for something to get me motivated. I think I'm going to give a few different guns this test next week.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not sure what price range you are looking for. The fine folks at Compass Lake turned me an 18" Mid-Length in a Recon Profile from a Krieger Blank for a DMR knock off I made. I have seen it shoot 2"...I think it holds 1"..I have seen it do better...but like SAWMAN says..it has shooter induced issues

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I looked hard at White Oak barrels awhile back and they seemed to have a good following. IMHO I think the majority of the price for a WC barrel is the logo, others may disagree. With that said, I'm mainly following for similar interest.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m an average shooter at best, but I’ve had several barrels of different brands that were 1 inch or less with a lead sled and the ammunition that the barrel liked. I came to the conclusion that I’m about a minute and a half shooter on my good days. I learn many years ago to take a known minute of angle rifle with me when ever I’m trying to sight in a new scope ,rifle or load. If I can’t get the groups I think I should I’ll shoot the known good set up if I don’t shoot good groups with that set up I’ll stop and come back another day. I sure there folks that never have a bad day but I’m not one of them.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had excellent results in a 6.8 barrel from ARPerformance. 3 shots touching, repeatedly, from bags. This was not a one time occurence. Check em out

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As far as the shooter doing their part is really out the window if the barrel was a pos to start with, right! I'm mean seriously, if you're shooting a pos barrel, how are you to know if you're doing your part when the barrel isn't doing it's?

I appreciate the replies, But can we keep it to just the 4 above listed barrel makers. I'm sure they aren't .5 moa barrels, if they were, I'm sure they'd listed it. (They might be 1 moa tho?)
    So if anyone knows or has links to their moa reputation or any links to reviews on these barrels, please post up.
    The other 2 barrel makers some referenced to, don't make the caliber barrel I'm wanting. Thanks tho.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry , I’ve had 3 white oak barrels in 5.56 and they all were less than minute of angle out to 300 yards. I have 2 Wilson combat one in 223 wylde that’s a Tack driver and one in 300Blk that hovers around 1 minute of angle out to two hundred yards. Hope that helps. .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    C762CDF8-6A26-47EE-A4F7-220B5AC534B1.jpg 8BA167E8-F2A1-4EEE-A70B-87921EE704DF.jpg

A still morning and using a good rest and Berger 77 grain otm.

Attachments

• C762CDF8-6A26-47EE-A4F7-220B5AC534B1.jpg
      C762CDF8-6A26-47EE-A4F7-220B5AC534B1.jpg
      193.2 KB · Views: 456
    • 8BA167E8-F2A1-4EEE-A70B-87921EE704DF.jpg
      8BA167E8-F2A1-4EEE-A70B-87921EE704DF.jpg
      185.3 KB · Views: 516
    Last edited:

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 20” white oak mid weight wylde chamber that is sub MOA. I have shot groups as small as 1/2” with the 77 Sierra TMK. Shooting tiny groups with gas guns can get aggravating. I found free recoil to be the best technique for load development.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    White Oak Armament is well known for accurate barrels. My Mk12 Mod 0 has a WOA 18" stainless steel barrel and it is excellent. I also have a 16" RECON barrel (Douglas) made by Compass Lake Engineering. It is amazingly accurate. CLE gives you the choice of four different barrel blanks of which they can make your barrel. They are also a Florida-based company just a couple hours east in Alford, Florida. You spend good money for their barrels, but they are well worth it.

htf1963

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As far as the shooter doing their part is really out the window if the barrel was a pos to start with, right! I'm mean seriously, if you're shooting a pos barrel, how are you to know if you're doing your part when the barrel isn't doing it's?

I appreciate the replies, But can we keep it to just the 4 above listed barrel makers. I'm sure they aren't .5 moa barrels, if they were, I'm sure they'd listed it. (They might be 1 moa tho?)
    So if anyone knows or has links to their moa reputation or any links to reviews on these barrels, please post up.
    The other 2 barrel makers some referenced to, don't make the caliber barrel I'm wanting. Thanks tho.

Just for grins, check out LaRue Tactical out of Texas. They guarantee .5 MOA for 10,000 rounds. Supreme outfit that also sends you lots of "goodies" with purchases. They kept their prices the same throughout the price craze and are top notch referenced. They make whole rigs, barrels, evrything. Just FYI...

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Just for grins, check out LaRue Tactical out of Texas. They guarantee .5 MOA for 10,000 rounds. Supreme outfit that also sends you lots of "goodies" with purchases. They kept their prices the same throughout the price craze and are top notch referenced. They make whole rigs, barrels, evrything. Just FYI...

LaRue Tactical is an excellent choice as well. The Stealth barrel is superb.

https://www.larue.com/products/5-56-stealth-barrel-k/

They also have their LaRue Ultimate AR-15 Upper Kit.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I did, but it seems they only do 5 calibers, and unfortunately, none of the 5 are in caliber I want. Thanks tho.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Not listed, but I have an older Rainer Arms ultramatch 16” stainless that shoots awesome. I think they used Shilen several years ago when they guaranteed sub MOA. They use someone else, but might be something to do research on. Mine shoots as advertised when It was benched as I’m not as steady as I used to be.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have heard nothing but good things about White Oak myself but have never used one.

I have seen a Wilson barrel with the chamber +.007 in 6.8. That's not Match Grade if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom