• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I inherited a Colt Commander .45 from my father a number of years ago. He used to call it "the Seecamp". I know that he seldom if ever fired it. I knew it was a DA, but never thought much about it until I took it to the range and used it myself. It was a pleasure to shoot, so I started to do a little research and found out about the Seecamp family and their history with the 1911. I m looking to get a full size 1911 and was wondering if anyone in the forum might have an idea of the guns worth? I would call it at least a 90 % pistol. It has 1 orig mag and the wood Colt grips.

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Colt made a model called the Double Eagle. First shot was double action and subsequent shots were single action. The ones I am aware of were full size 1911's not Commander size.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Colt made a model called the Double Eagle. First shot was double action and subsequent shots were single action. The ones I am aware of were full size 1911's not Commander size.
    He's talking about the Seecamp conversion which is what the company originally did when founded in 73. They didn't begin making their own pistols in 81.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom