• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s been several years since I got my Permit and a big day is coming up. My son is turning 21 and he’s excited about getting his CCW. He got all paperwork in order. If we go to Ft Walton for the appt. can he walk out with it? I remember reading some folks saying they walked out with it but I’m thinking that is just the renewal? If it takes awhile does anyone have a wag on how long it’s taking to receive it back. He has a clean record so hopefully goes fairly quickly. I think my first one took 6 months or so but thinking it’s shorter than that now.

Thanks in advance.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    You only walk out with a new permit on renewals. It could still take a couple of months for a new permit.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First CWFL is mailed out. Waiting time will be dependent on more detailed background check. If you've had a recent one from the military or a job, there will be some history and I think those process faster: got my first FL after eight days via mail. Some could be much longer. We have a anti-gun woman running the DoA, no telling what internal crap goes on. Still a Shall Issue State but the "when" is the question. Theres another Thread that had some delay days listed.

Renewal is same day Service. They ask 1-2 questions, take your pic, take your money and they print it out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My wife first went to the FWB location. She got it in the mail in about 2 weeks.
    My renewals are at the Barrancas Ave. location in P'cola. By appointment it takes about 15 minutes.
    I have had my Fla CWP since 2003. --- SAWMAN

AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Where do you go in FWB, to get the ccw? I've been putting it off to long and I want to do it before someone takes the right away.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s been several years since I got my Permit and a big day is coming up. My son is turning 21 and he’s excited about getting his CCW. He got all paperwork in order. If we go to Ft Walton for the appt. can he walk out with it? I remember reading some folks saying they walked out with it but I’m thinking that is just the renewal? If it takes awhile does anyone have a wag on how long it’s taking to receive it back. He has a clean record so hopefully goes fairly quickly. I think my first one took 6 months or so but thinking it’s shorter than that now.

Thanks in advance.

If he's current or prior service and has a clean record, it will speed up the process a bit...

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the feedback. Looking forward to him getting it done.

Top Bottom