• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Flattening of Blackout brass at the case mouth is normally the result of the shorter case (rather than the longer .223 case) being able to spin in a smaller radius and hitting the upper receiver case deflector...perfectly normal.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I finally got my gauges back from Forster with a letter explaining the problem. Who ever guessed that the gauge was miss marked is the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. It actually wasn't a Go gauge. Unfortunately for me I couldn't wait for them to figure out what was wrong, and bought a different brand. Basically I don't need them anymore. I did check them when I got them today, and they work perfectly. I am supposed to have a follow up call with Forster, so maybe they will compensate me for all my hassle. Either way I will be selling the Forster gauges.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TA DA! first.gif

Gotta shake my head wondering how many other BAD Sets were shipped? Plus builders setting barrels on uppers with them.

Attachments

• first.gif
      first.gif
      365 bytes · Views: 388

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    wow, what did they send you? no packaging on the first saying what it was??
    When I bought them new they were packaged separately with each package labeled. Each gauge was also labeled. The Go gauge had go on it, and the sealed package had go on it.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    TA DA! View attachment 75913

Gotta shake my head wondering how many other BAD Sets were shipped? Plus builders setting barrels on uppers with them.
    Yeah I know right. I went through a lot of hassle shipping my barrel back, and then the gauges. The letter said this was a rare occurrence, but the barrel manufacturer told me this happened the other day to another one of their customers.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TA DA! View attachment 75913

Anyone making barrels would likely very quickly figure out something was wrong. Most builders are basically part assemblers and it could cause some problem as was the case here. Someone doing this on any scale could do a quick field check of the suspect gauge by putting it into chambers known to be in spec.
    Seems like a good idea to verify a gauge in someway before one uses it. but very hard to do for someone that is assembling just one rifle in a specific chambering.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I know I don’t want to buy chamber gauges from Forster. They should have offered to reimburse you for the shipping charges you incurred , in my opinion.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, I know I don’t want to buy chamber gauges from Forster. They should have offered to reimburse you for the shipping charges you incurred , in my opinion.
    They sent me a label to ship to them, so shipping was covered with them both ways. I did have to pay to ship my barrel to the barrel manufacturer.

Top Bottom