Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrider666 View Post
    Did you put a small hiden mark on it and get the same upper back?
    I didn't, but the barrel had a serial # on it. I got the same serial # back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes mtbbrewer74's Post:

For those who have been keeping up with this post it is close to the end. Forster should receive my gauges back on Monday to recheck them. Today I received the other set of gauges I purchased. They are from Pacific Tool and Gauge. Their Go gauge chambered with no problem, and the NoGo and Field did not chamber. I am anxious to see what Forster will say when they check their gauges.

4. 4 Like mtbbrewer74's Post:

I haven't heard back from Forster yet, but I did get to the range this morning and fired 20 rounds of target ammo. No failures of any kind, but all casings had this flattening on the top. After I left I started thinking about it, and I am not sure if all the casing were hitting the wooden wall beside me before they hit the ground. It could have been the wall, or the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrewer74 View Post
    I haven't heard back from Forster yet, but I did get to the range this morning and fired 20 rounds of target ammo. No failures of any kind, but all casings had this flattening on the top. After I left I started thinking about it, and I am not sure if all the casing were hitting the wooden wall beside me before they hit the ground. It could have been the wall, or the gun.

From the gun at what o'clock are they ejecting. You can regulate 12 to 3 o'clock ejection by increasing buffer wt or venting some the gas off. 4:30 to 6 by lighting buffer wt if applicable or having a larger gas flow likely from opening up the gas port.

Are there any "brass" contact marks to the rear of ejection port or on case deflector if equipped? All my Sig fired cases have case mouth/neck flattening to some degree. You can add a square of self adhesive velcro (soft side) to the contact area. Its not an uncommon issue. Reloaders don't like it, a lot of non reloaders aren't concerned about it.

Aggressive extraction is over an gassed system verse buffer weight and buffer spring tension. If its not "battering", its not critical IMHO. Before I'd play with parts, I'd check cycling with low velicoty sub-sonic load. There is a wide gas pressure range between Subs and full power loads with the 300AAC BO. In order to cycle both, the flattened necks could just be the cost of doing business.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

8. 2 Like wildrider666's Post:

i know if I shoot hyper in my BO (pistol length) you will find the brass 20' or so away @ 2-3:00...subs 6-8' @ 3-4:30

I guess I have a few things to look at next time I get a chance. This is a Pistol setup with a Pistol gas system.
    - Federal American Eagle Target ammo
    - 9.5" barrel
    - Pistol Buffer Spring/Carbine
    - Standard Carbine Buffer
    - Griffin SNACH 15 Charging handle
    - Toolcraft Nickel Boron (AR15/M16) BCG

Last edited by mtbbrewer74; 08-13-2019 at 11:43 AM.

11. Likes mtbbrewer74's Post:

IIRC mine is carbine spring and buffer 10.5"...on the edge of wanting to change it to rifle

Local Dealer
    Did you take an image of the target you were shooting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Roaster's Gallery View Post
    Did you take an image of the target you were shooting at?
    No