• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It's hit or miss with virtually every product imaginable.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Price before tax and before $5 BG check. But the good side is, doesn't matter if you buy 10 lowers, they charge a 1-time $5 fee for the BG check and No administrative fees, unlike some private ffl's.

I thought it was 4 or is there only 4 spots on the form? Another form still included in the 5 bucks?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s been awhile, but somewhere around 2011 I bought a dozen bare receivers and the FFL just added another sheet with the additional serial numbers. But as often as the ATF changes their opinions on how things can be legally done , who knows what the rules are this week?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Instructions included on the 4473 form:

"Question 24-28. Firearm(s) Description: These blocks must be completed with the firearm(s) information. Firearms manufactured after 1968 by Federal firearms licensees should all be marked with a serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is legally not marked with a serial number (i.e. pre-1968); you may answer question 26 with "NSN" (No Serial Number), "N/A" or "None." If more than four firearms are involved in a transaction, the information required by Section D, questions 24-28, must be provided for the additional firearms on a separate sheet of paper, which must be attached to this ATF Form 4473. "

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It didn't say the separate piece of paper had to be blank...
    If you're in prison for doing that, let me know. I'll bake you a cake.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is it that price plus tax?

Or is it that price plus tax plus FFL fees...

I bought one a month or so back when the non-member price was $39.99. Out the door was $47 and some change. Hope to put together either a 20” A4 or 16” dissipator by the end of the year.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I thought it was 4 or is there only 4 spots on the form? Another form still included in the 5 bucks?

Instructions included on the 4473 form:

"Question 24-28. Firearm(s) Description: These blocks must be completed with the firearm(s) information. Firearms manufactured after 1968 by Federal firearms licensees should all be marked with a serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is legally not marked with a serial number (i.e. pre-1968); you may answer question 26 with "NSN" (No Serial Number), "N/A" or "None." If more than four firearms are involved in a transaction, the information required by Section D, questions 24-28, must be provided for the additional firearms on a separate sheet of paper, which must be attached to this ATF Form 4473. "

I've heard of other FFLs charging extra because there are more than 4 SNs. I've got a buddy in WA and his receiving FFL did this. These are probably the same ones that are charging $50 per item. Ask around. Know what you're getting into. It's only $5 for the background check, regardless of how many SNs are done. It's going to be another $5 if you need another background check. (eg you buy 2 lowers at the same time=$5. You buy one lower one day =$5, you buy one lower the second day $10). That's a good price from Gander but if you're into multiples, a local transfer from certain FFLS(cough, cough) will still save you money over buying from the big box.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Gander is doing free transfers so getting a pile of lowers online makes it pretty cheap.
    Just an option. Don't forget about Jack......

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, what’s a poverty pony receiver worth in a private sale , $30?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, but I bought 3 of them with consecutive #'s. Only reason was I've never had 3 of them (only 2 b4), but I think it's pretty cool.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Seriously, what’s a poverty pony receiver worth in a private sale , $30?

I don't know anyone who buys to sell receivers. Maybe if you bought a bunch you'd sell a few to recoup some funds but never a profit that's worth my time. I buy them on impulse when they are cheap. Will be outlawed one day. I would hope a ban on new sales.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Understood, but folks keep wanting to buy from individuals on the forum when they can just go to gander and get a new one for under $40. What’s the reason if it’s not to save money?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Some folks like to buy from an individual because they think the government isn't watching. Lol

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well LOL, I hate to be the one to break the news to them but, if you are on a gun forum you are already on several government watch list. :grenade:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well LOL, I hate to be the one to break the news to them but, if you are on a gun forum you are already on several government watch list. :grenade:

So you reckon they know about my 20 gatling guns, 155mm cannon, 6 fully functional 105mm howitzer tanks and my bass boat?:tape2:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    So you reckon they know about my 20 gatling guns, 155mm cannon, 6 fully functional 105mm howitzer tanks and my bass boat?:tape2:
    They probably knew some of them. Now all.

Top Bottom