• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, for me, it turned out to be beneficial to go today. I sold some stuff and bought something I've wanted for a while and came home with a little extra cash in my pocket. :happy:

Last edited:

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went, smaller crowd this time. I picked up a couple items needed to complete an upper I was working on.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do y’all think could be the problem? Cause mobile show a couple months ago was sorry half the vendor didn’t show and not as many people. But the A.T.F was there.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My opinion - - -> too many ( most likely the younger doode's) people worrying about . . . #1. Cost to get in . . . #2. Is there gonna be any "flea market/yard sale deals.
    I do not go the gun shows for either. --- SAWMAN

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My opinion - - -> too many ( most likely the younger doode's) people worrying about . . . #1. Cost to get in . . . #2. Is there gonna be any "flea market/yard sale deals.
    I do not go the gun shows for either. --- SAWMAN

I use to like to go to get away from wife. I’ll pick up parts I my need or good deal on. But more show they have in mobile the more the thugs and dope dealers come. And try to buy stuff they don’t have no ideal about.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Most of the venders I talked to at the Robertsdale show were complaining about the small turnout coupled with the poor sales volume. However, that was to my advantage, especially an hour and a half before closing time. Funny how that works out in a positive manner, sometimes.

Wait till next year at this time, I'll bet you're going to see an increase in attendance. Something about 2020 that I just can't put my finger on. :madgrin:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed about 2020. It's a buyers market right now but it won't be for long. I like shows that aren't full of gun stores. I prefer private sales the most. They generally have more interesting gun for sale than the generic, every day guns that every gun store has.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of the venders I talked to at the Robertsdale show were complaining about the small turnout coupled with the poor sales volume. However, that was to my advantage, especially an hour and a half before closing time. Funny how that works out in a positive manner, sometimes.

Wait till next year at this time, I'll bet you're going to see an increase in attendance. Something about 2020 that I just can't put my finger on. :madgrin:
    You are right I knew a guy that’s has booths at the shows. He said one weekend he only made $100.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I talked to the Glock guy out of MS he said. The Slidell La is his best show make a lot of money. He won’t miss that show for nothing next time I mite take that ride over there.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This PM was packed. Saw several GCFC members. Got in for $5.00 with my "special" shirt.
    Bricks of CCI primer's were $300.00 . . . THAT'S RIGHT $300.00 !!
    Good show. Lots of C&R stuff. Stuff was priced high to thru the roof. I expected as much.
    Our official gouging police would have had a field day at this show. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Had a HK91 like the one that I just sold for $3900. With no extra's. Also had a HK300 22Mag for $850. Almost got this one.
    Had some powders but did not check the prices. Several tables with the el cheapo knives. Tons of AR's. Several nice Weatherby's. Quite a few speciality bolt guns. Rebarreled with bull bbls.
    Tons of small parts for AR builders. Probably the most I have ever seen at a show. Larger parts also like forearms,bbls,stocks,etc,etc. ‐--- SAWMAN

Top Bottom