• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ran across this on the Winchester site FAQs. I have not researched it so it could be wrong. No written warranties?? Seems odd. Anyone have experience with warranty work with Winchester?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 7.07.41 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 7.07.41 PM.png
      34.7 KB · Views: 194

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    A written warranty usually explains what it excludes. I would hope they take care of their products. Written or not

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I see they do not want to take the effort to comply, others do. Vortex scopes warranty is willing to make the effort. Must be more to the story.

Optics don't have the potential of blowing up in your face for doing something stupid. You're comparing apples to mangoes.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I did not intend to imply that Les Baer won't warrant their products, as I'm certain they do.

Their website says "On all custom pistol we want your 100% satisfaction. As long as customer abuse has not created a problem, we will probably repair your custom pistol free of charge...."

I've never had a reason to contact them about mine, but their reputation was good enough for me to trust them. Who remembers this?...

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Optics don't have the potential of blowing up in your face for doing something stupid. You're comparing apples to mangoes.

I agree, I chose those items on purpose. The more delicate item has a better warranty. Seems a company making a more durable item, firearm, would step up and stand behind it in writing. Instead of a "trust me, we will make it right". They can always limit the warranty "for doing something stupid". Just seems wimpy.

Thinking more about it,

Your excellent point about blowing up in your face makes me wonder if a warranty might be used against the company in a liability lawsuit?

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree. The more delicate item has a better warranty. Seems a company making a more durable item, firearm, would step up and stand behind it in writing. Instead of a "trust me, we will make it right".

Seems easy enough to me, just don’t buy from a firearms manufacturer that doesn’t meet your written warranty requirement.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, it chose those items on purpose. The more delicate item has a better warranty. Seems a company making a more durable item, firearm, would step up and stand behind it in writing. Instead of a "trust me, we will make it right". They can always limit the warranty "for doing something stupid". Just seems wimpy.
    From a marketing CS standpoint if they don't offer a warranty and still fix issues they aren't required to fix it's a win. It also makes it easier to blow off the people who double charge their reloads.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom