Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    45 ACP
    I was looking into buying from Bear Creek so started reading reviews but then came across several articles like this one:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/ice...#axzz5tEN9OQFN
    So decided I would spend my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fv22 View Post
    I was looking into buying from Bear Creek so started reading reviews but then came across several articles like this one:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/ice...#axzz5tEN9OQFN
    So decided I would spend my money elsewhere.
    If the I-9's was forged does that still make bear creek culpable or morally deficient?

It would take more than that like maybe faulty guns to send me somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post

It would take more than that like maybe faulty guns to send me somewhere else.
    They have plenty of this as well. They make junk.
    Research Moore's Machine.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

BCA has had many mixed reviews over the past couple of years. Some were good and some not so good. Personally, I will never own a Bear Creek product. I equate BCA to Radical Firearms and I would never own another product from them. I went cheap one time and regretted it. I would much rather put my money is a good PSA upper assembly or spend more to build a much better upper assembly. BCA produces a cheap product and sells them at cheap prices. Fortunately for some, they have been able to get upper assemblies that work, at least for the time being. Others have not been so fortunate. All in all, everyone has different wants and needs, as well as budgets. It is a case of "to each his own".
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day At Work"

5. Likes TackleberryMCS's Post:

I knew nothing of their past or reputation when I impulse-bought 2 complete basic ARs (1 in 5.56 & 1 in 7.62x39) from BCA (had no real need, but a super-low sale price caught my attention) some time back. I never fired them & ended up selling both here on the forum. I never received any comments back on them, so I hope they worked well.

Since that time I bought a BCA complete upper in .450 Bushmaster. It works fine and is quite accurate. I also bought their 12.7x42 (aka .50 Beowulf) upper and have had problems with function. BCA customer service is always friendly and eager to help, but thus far they have been unable to help. Definitely mixed reviews here. I probably wouldn't buy from them again. As a side note, I have made several purchases from PSA and have been very satisfied. I did receive one wildly inaccurate barreled upper from them and they replaced it with a suitable unit.

7. Likes War-Buff's Post:

I have installed two uppers in the last year. One I paid $200 and the other $900. The 900 dollars was in 6.5g from Alexander arms and I wanted it to work and be trouble free. So far no drama with it. The $200 one 7.62x39 was just intended as another 7.62x39 to go with the other guns that I have in that caliber and I assume I was taking chance, but it worked well so far. It shoots and does not seem inaccurate.
    What I am seeing here is that even from reputable sources some guns have problems, especially when you get away from 5.56.
    Previously the lower receiver that was used for the bca $200 upper would not work with an older Vietnam era 5.56 upper made of surplus parts that I had. The BCA upper has the cuts, I think that are called M4 feed ramp cuts and once I slowed the bolt velocity down with tungsten buffer wts feeding has been 100%.