• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Had guy cuffed in back of Tahoe for attempted stabbing. He just about kicked the door off the SUV. Officer dragged him out. They jumped on him and Hogg tied him. He was screaming at the officer you're dead and I'm going to kill your wife repeatedly. They shoved him in and he was screaming they broke his neck. He was really pissed now and told them they were all dead and and was going to kill his daughter too.....crazy mfr's in this town.
    Got me thinking what would happen or how I would react if this guy come at me on the street blaring his crap???

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Had guy cuffed in back of Tahoe for attempted stabbing. He just about kicked the door off the SUV. Officer dragged him out. They jumped on him and Hogg tied him. He was screaming at the officer you're dead and I'm going to kill your wife repeatedly. They shoved him in and he was screaming they broke his neck. He was really pissed now and told them they were all dead and and was going to kill his daughter too.....crazy mfr's in this town.
    Got me thinking what would happen or how I would react if this guy come at me on the street blaring his crap???

God forbid that either of us should ever have such an encounter happen to us

but I know what I would do, and I will miss seeing you around if you do not do the same...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You hear so much of the threatening crap on the road, Jails and prisions: you just need to be thick skinned and do the paperwork. Too much booze, drugs, anger and pissed they got caught. OPs story is actually fairly common though specifics change. Hog tie/tether, spit masks, broke cuff chain/split cuffs, kicked out windows and window frames, bit halfway through a shoulder belt... On real "special encounters" you keep hard copies for your records AND a quick reference index with ID, event, date. You can also have a Release Notifer put in his Records (Civs can do this also on Request). These "little bgs" all get released back to the last place they got convicted. Odds are you will see them again.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not a good time for ECSO. The dept.,Morgan,and a couple other senior officers are named in a lawsuit re. some kind of discrimination type stuff. --- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ... Got me thinking what would happen or how I would react if this guy come at me on the street blaring his crap???

Are you a cop? If so, and someone walked up to you bowed up, yelling death threats, I imagine you would handle the situation for what it is: assault. Go from there. Use your ladder of force escalation, radio for backup, break out the lightsaber, tactical nuke, whatever your training would dictate.

If you aren't a cop, then handle it for what it is: assault with a possibility of much worse.

Personally, (hypothetical situation) if I'm minding my own business in a normally "non-hostile" area, and a bag of crazy moves in on me yelling death threats, the gun comes out. I'll give the shit sack a moment to comprehend his lifespan and see if he is lucid enough to back off or crazy enough to act on his threats. At that point, he decides his own fate. Regardless, I'm still breathing tomorrow.

Not every cop is a superhero, sure, but they all have to deal with these types of dirtbag scenarios. And since 99% of those LEO actually are good people, I'm impressed how much personal restraint they show the majority of the time.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When I retired from the Navy, I had a class up date for the FHP. I am so glad they told me I would be in south Florida for a undetermined amount of time... so glad. I dont have the disposition for that any more. Bless those that do it for a living. Special people they are...

Top Bottom