• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not all sportbike riders are young disrespectful punks. I am a really old fart that puts around on a old vintage Aprilia sportbike. IF I get behind you (will not be tailgating) you have no reason to slow down to 20 mph below speed limit, ride your brake, and stare in your rear view mirror and make angry faces. Freaking relax happens to me all the time.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Will you be far enough in back of me FOR YOUR SAFETY ??
    If something happens in front of me and I am required to slam the brakes will you be rideing far enough in back of me that some body parts will not scratch my bumper ?? Hope so. Have a safe ride. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maybe they're just jealous and slow down because they wanna see your bike? Maybe you "are" too close if you can see their facial expressions of their "angry faces"? Just be careful riding.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People on the Gulf Coast can't drive is the problem. It doesn't matter if you're on a sport bike, Harley, Honda or Vespa. People around here are some of the most non-driving idiots I've ever seen.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People on the Gulf Coast can't drive is the problem. It doesn't matter if you're on a sport bike, Harley, Honda or Vespa. People around here are some of the most non-driving idiots I've ever seen.

I have to agree. I rode for 40 years and was never really afraid. Folks around here finally changed my mind.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Does your bike make a loud revving noise?

I don't care if it's a rice-burner Civic with a ridiculously loud "muffler", or a truck with the same overly loud "muffler", or a crotch rocket, or a Harley with a really loud "potato-potato-potato-potato" going on: if it's loud enough to overcome my stereo inside my car with the windows up, then it's annoying.

If I saw a crotch rocket in my rear view revving his high-pitched engine, I'd probably tap the brakes and have the annoying shit go around, too.

If your bike isn't stupidly loud, maybe your idea of "not tailgating" is still too close?

Who knows. At least the drivers see you, right? Isn't that what every motor-bicyclist wants?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does your bike make a loud revving noise?

I don't care if it's a rice-burner Civic with a ridiculously loud "muffler", or a truck with the same overly loud "muffler", or a crotch rocket, or a Harley with a really loud "potato-potato-potato-potato" going on: if it's loud enough to overcome my stereo inside my car with the windows up, then it's annoying.

If I saw a crotch rocket in my rear view revving his high-pitched engine, I'd probably tap the brakes and have the annoying shit go around, too.

If your bike isn't stupidly loud, maybe your idea of "not tailgating" is still too close?

Who knows. At least the drivers see you, right? Isn't that what every motor-bicyclist wants?
    Do you also tell get off my lawn?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And . . . those damned stooopid flashing headlights ought to be outlawed.
    Every time I see one coming,I do the same with my high beams. After all,I want them to see me as much as I want me to see them. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every time I see one coming,I do the same with my high beams. After all,I want them to see me as much as I want me to see them. --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Actually in Florida they are illegal to operate upon a roadway. I see idiots with their lawn care trailer riding down the highway with those eBay white flashing blinker lights on. Same with those idiot cable guys and water company guys, road work people (like on I-10), etc., They were meant to be used while off the road, not to be driven down the road so you can "look important". They look like idiots to me. Worse yet is when they use them at night, blind you with the front flashers, then pass you with the rear ones on.
    Would include motorcycles too with the flashing headlights.
    You'd actually think the police would stop them for it, if nothing else, check them for warrants and maybe a quick k9 sniff.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually in Florida they are illegal to operate upon a roadway. I see idiots with their lawn care trailer riding down the highway with those eBay white flashing blinker lights on. Same with those idiot cable guys and water company guys, road work people (like on I-10), etc., They were meant to be used while off the road, not to be driven down the road so you can "look important". They look like idiots to me. Worse yet is when they use them at night, blind you with the front flashers, then pass you with the rear ones on.
    You'd actually think the police would stop them for it, if nothing else, check them for warrants and maybe a quick k9 sniff.

I wonder if the warrant check and quick canine sniff would stand up. A flashing headlight might not be probable cause for all that.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're actually 100% wrong. They aren't illegal on a motorcycle. They aren't considered a flashing light. They are a modulated light meaning they go from bright to dim without turning off which a flashing light does.
    They shouldn't be operated at night though.

FS 316.405

(1) Any*person*who operates a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle on the public streets or highways shall, while so engaged, have the headlight or headlights of such motorcycle or motor-driven cycle turned on. Failure to comply with this section during the hours from sunrise to sunset, unless compliance is otherwise required by law, shall not be admissible as evidence of negligence in a civil action. During the hours of operation between sunrise and sunset, the headlights may modulate either the upper beam or the lower beam from its maximum intensity to a lower intensity, in accordance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 571.108.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, during the daytime on a bike is okay. I stand corrected, thank you. But it's still illegal for flashing lights on vehicles other than directional blinkers. Em. Flashers aren't to be used while driving either, but when off the roadway.

Free Cigars

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know about the rest of you, but when I moved to Florida, I sold my turn signal wiring harnesses off all of my vehicles. When I changed my drivers licence over to a Florida one, I was told at the tax office that nobody here uses them.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1562604818779.jpg
      FB_IMG_1562604818779.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 127

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't know about the rest of you, but when I moved to Florida, I sold my turn signal wiring harnesses off all of my vehicles. When I changed my drivers licence over to a Florida one, I was told at the tax office that nobody here uses them.

Hahaha! That's only the assholes from Gulf Breeze in their BMWs and Mercedes that don't use them. Everyone else just drives 10 below the limit in the left lane.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not using a turn signal is a pet peeve of mine, I wish cops would write a lot more tickets for this violation.

Top Bottom