DK Firearms

Driving through new York with a firearm???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gerald granger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would do anything Heavenly possible to never step foot in that God forsaken state. Just look at the leadership it has in both state and federal and it says bounds about the voters who placed them there.

Gunnermh53

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in this communist state and even if you're passing through and you have a magazine that is capable of holding more than 10rnds you will be arrested and any firearm you have will be confiscated no matter how many pieces it's in. I work with the state police everyday and they dont play here. Most of the cops are okay but you can come across some that will throw book at you here. You will get your gun back but it could be years before that happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swampy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I actually had a friend who was moving to NJ and was stopped passing through NY state, arrested, gun (.22 pistol) confiscated (he never got it back), and I believe paid a fine and lawyer fees. This was several years ago, but my guess is that it is probably worse now. He claimed he didn't know it was illegal. Also, I know that they sometimes stop out of state cars (especially in MD) just on the probability that they MAY be carrying a gun and search them. There is a documented story about this happening to a guy from Texas (traveling with his family I believe) several years ago. Loosing a gun, even a cheap one, is not fun, but the hassle with the the cops, loss of time, maybe jail, fines, etc., would prevent me from attempting it. I hope they don't stop you if you try it.

bowserb

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tom Gresham has spoken about what sounds like a scam in New York, where you get arrested for your gun, you go to a jail cell, then you have an opportunity to have a New York lawyer handle your case for an outrageous fee. You might be better off flying to Maine. Or drive to the closest state to Maine where your license is recognized for your whole route, then fly from there to Maine. Or, I also like the FedEx idea. Just be sure there will be someone at the destination to sign for the FedEx package. I sent a gun to a allegedly brilliant gunsmith in San Antonio. Problem was, he had erratic hours and no one on his office premises when he was out during business hours. After three days of notices of "Business closed Could not deliver" (all during regular business hours), I had to have the gun returned to me. And the "brilliant" gunsmith got mad at me for not getting the gun to him! Expensive shipping failure.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Time was, you could drive up NEAR the crap hole States, Pawn your gun, mags, ammo; then cross the State lines. Just had to travel to meet Pawns business hours. With the changing Laws, mandatory background checks (to get your own gun back), being a non-resident of that State: all impact that possibility. Same thing with using a Gunshop/Smith drop for a "clean/lube job. But it still leaves you unarmed at the destination unless Family can provide a Loaner. A temp Firearm Loan may now require a FFL Transfer under some State(s) universal background check laws.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can legally ship a gun to yourself from yourself for this exact reason.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just came up with a ideal. What y’all think about a gun hotel somewhere to check your guns in. Until you leave the state that doesn’t honor you permit.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I just came up with a ideal. What y’all think about a gun hotel somewhere to check your guns in. Until you leave the state that doesn’t honor you permit.

What if the only one in the state is 300 Mike's away? It's like electric cars. Not enough plug ins available

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a carry on me and did not remember until I was a few miles before the Canadian boarder, I tossed the mag in a ditch off the next exit, and the gun in a Walmart bag in the next exit ditch, picked them up a few days later.. young man mistakes.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had a carry on me and did not remember until I was a few miles before the Canadian boarder, I tossed the mag in a ditch off the next exit, and the gun in a Walmart bag in the next exit ditch, picked them up a few days later.. young man mistakes.

That's some Gray man urban camo creative thinking. Not optimal, but very effective. Nice!

Top Bottom