• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    my dad has been wanting one but doesnt have the cash. started looking around and it seems that 410s are the most expensive of the calibers. any deals out there to be had, or what to steer clear of? id really like to get him one. it will be mine again one day so dont want any junk.

thanks

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I just picked up a Hatfield pump .410 not long ago and I really like it. It has some nice wood on it and screw in choke tubes(Beretta Mobil). I have put about 60 rounds through it so far and have no regrets. I paid about $190 delivered to my FFL. It seems like they have a couple double barrel .410’s as well. Their single shots are ugly as homemade sin, but everyone seems to like them from what I have read and researched. Stoeger makes an over under .410 as well. I know the semi autos are pretty well liked but not heard a lot of the over unders.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kenny's Gun Room over in Elsinor close to Robertsdale has a vintage Stevens for $499.00, I have seen them going for $800.00 and a little higher. I have been looking for a 410 double for quite some time and that is were I found mine. It is a J Stevens model 315 from before 1931 beautiful gun. Kenny is on facebook so give him a call.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is the J Stevens 410 that I found at Kenny's I have been looking for a L C Smith but haven't found one, this one is every bit the same quality so I bought this one. It has serial numbers on all the wood parts and major metal parts that match. The best I can tell it is a model 315 from before 1930. IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1282.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
      IMG_1281.JPG
      341.4 KB · Views: 368
    • IMG_1282.JPG
      IMG_1282.JPG
      390.5 KB · Views: 367

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i bought my wife a Stoeger Condor O/U quite a few years back... damn fine gun for the $300 we got it for at a gun show. they have an Uplander S/S in .410 and full blown msrp is 449ish. real world, looks to be in the $380 range.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My apologies for the off-topic post, but that is a great "gun-rack", Fathertime.
    I'd probably put a piece of aquarium tube or even a thick soda straw over those expose screw threads to protect the gun finish, but overall: I really like it.

... my 2-cents for the OP: the Stoeger Coachgun (20" barrel SxS) looks nice and gets good reviews. The safety is automatic "On" when the barrels are locked close, so that might be a good thing or bad thing, depending on who is using it for what. And the empties are partially extracted (not thrown clear on break-open), so you pull them the rest of the way out manually. Again, could be desired or not, depending if you save the hulls, or have arthritic hands, etc...

OnGrade

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Yildiz SXS 410 for my boys, it’s pretty inexpensive but it’s pretty nice for what it is.
    I don’t think they get them in at the pensacola academy often, but maybe they can order one for you.
    Long story short, obviously I had to try it out for them since they are still a little too young for it, I’ll have to get another one because daddy is keeping this one! It was fun as all get out. It has removable chokes, put in the full and IM, took it to Santa Rosa shooting center and did plenty well on the green course.
    I have heard the CZ Sharptail is a nice one as well but I believe it’s chokes are fixed.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Yildiz SXS 410 for my boys, it’s pretty inexpensive but it’s pretty nice for what it is.
    I don’t think they get them in at the pensacola academy often, but maybe they can order one for you.
    Long story short, obviously I had to try it out for them since they are still a little too young for it, I’ll have to get another one because daddy is keeping this one! It was fun as all get out. It has removable chokes, put in the full and IM, took it to Santa Rosa shooting center and did plenty well on the green course.
    I have heard the CZ Sharptail is a nice one as well but I believe it’s chokes are fixed.

Need pictures of it and the cost of it?

OnGrade

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t have any pictures handy of my Yildiz.
    As for price the Yildiz is around $500 with tax, but it’s only available at academy.
    The cz is around $1000. I’ve not shot one but all the cz shotguns I’ve seen and gandered have been pretty nice!
    You get a lot of gun for the money with the Yildiz.
    Both guns are pretty popular and a google search will get you plenty of good pictures.

Top Bottom