• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Contrast to Texas sundowner law where you can shoot someone on your land after the sun goes down.

Thank you for your highly inaccurate information.

* Also the sundown "law" was to keep people of color out of towns after dark. A racists "law".

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember in Florida we have flukey trespassing laws. So, for the creek, you own the land under the water, but not the water. Example, if the creek ran through the middle of your land, others could boat the creek without trespassing as long as they don't touch the land. The state owns the water. As to trespassing in general, in Florida violence is not an option unless in self defense. The deputies will come out and issue a "trespass warrant" which essentially is where they take the person's picture and fill out a triplicate form. The trespasser, the landowner, and the LEO gets a copy. That's it. Second offense is a $100 fine, escalating in price each violation. You can't commit violence on a trespasser unless in self defense. Contrast to Texas sundowner law where you can shoot someone on your land after the sun goes down.
    Thanks, I like the Texas sundowner law. Lol.

htf1963

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you r welcome

* Also the sundown "law" was to keep people of color out of towns after dark. A racists "law".

What's highly inaccurate? I don't really care what the purpose of Texas' Sundown Law is or was; it just is. Ask repo men in Texas about the law; take your life in your hands in Texas trespassing at night.

If something is inaccurate, state your case!

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I give them job applications. 1 out of 50 filled out and showed up to work. Lasted 1 day. Let him borrow $50 didn't show up the next day. Got fired. To me they're just lazy

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    always have a wiped clean knife, just sayin, I was in fear of my life, besides it is a felony to hit a person over 65 in FL so do not hit me...ouch, ouch, I said don't hit me.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I can’t see where it’s racist. It doesn’t mention skin color at all.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have a few "permanent vagrants" in PCB. I only see them when they are on the move with all their belongings. There's even a few couple's you always see together. Only see occasional panhandling at the on ramp for the Hathaway Bridge. Low profile might be LE avoidance so they don't bother the nice tourists and scare away their money. There are more broke kids in their 20's that blew return money on too much partying but they don't stay long. There's a limited space homeless shelter that also provides meals in Panama City, big crowd around that place.

There are the deliberate society drop outs, the mentally ill at large and those impacted by economics, only the latter will work to help themselves to a better position if it doesn't take too long. Mental and physical adjustment to circumstances leads to acceptance without hope and refusal to try anymore.

Overall, the homeless problem is minor around the Gulf now. Look at the vast tent cities in Portland, San Fran, NYC and others! They even changed laws so it wasn't illegal to piss or crap in public. Now they have a small army of guys getting paid over $100K a year to pressure wash the crap into sewers. They are still people and doing what they feel they need to in order to survive another day, until they can't. I remember when fundin was stripped from mental health programs, it dumped thousands onto the street and many of those continue going through the revolving door of jails and prisons without much treatment. Cops are complaining of the health hazards from having to handle the homeless.

CDC says:
    https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/resources/resources-homelessness.html

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is mostly not wanting to put up public monies to deal with it. Money would not get them all off the streets, but the proper services would help might help many.
    They just sent 4.5 million to the border for the illegals, but the dems are not so willing to help the homeless.

Relative to health hazards, people sleeping rough scare since they are exposed to mosquitoes. Any illness that they catch go into the same population of mosquitoes that might bite me. Just not a good scenario.

htf1963

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can’t see where it’s racist. It doesn’t mention skin color at all.

It's not racist. That's the same ole baited trap bs people use these days. Everything is racist. The law was put into effect because of cattle rustling. It also serves as a staunch private property protection law in today's world. Great law in my opinion!!! Not too be too willy nilly with it; it doesn't allow for just busting out the door and shooting someone...but if that someone is trying to steal from you or damage property then YES, you can shoot. Does not have to rise to the level of self defense...the law is to allow protection of private property.

A great example for contrast is Florida. Here, we can't use deadly force except as provided by the "Castle Doctrine". So a few nasty looking folks are marauding around inside your fenced and posted private property; what can you do? Call the law! Can I put a gun on them and hold them; NO! And the lawful remedy is a piece of paper, a trespass warrant. Like a ticket. If they are armed the rules change as is it then a felony trespass. In Texas, if a man is prying open the door of your car on your property, you can shoot him.

Nothing racist about it. I think the poster was referring to the Vidor Texas rule...'_______ don't let the sun go down on you in Vidor! Kinda famous last holdout of strong racism. Some of these old book laws are interesting...like common law where the spouses both have to sign for a house. In the old west the men would drive cattle and gamble away the farm. The wife and kids booted. So the law is to make it where she has to sign too!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think there is some confusion: Texas Penal Code 9.41 & 9.42 justifies use of deadly force including trespass for property crimes at night. Sundowner Laws/policy/intimidation targeted racial, ethnic or religion. Blacks, Chinese and Jews are among those targeted.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's highly inaccurate? I don't really care what the purpose of Texas' Sundown Law is or was; it just is. Ask repo men in Texas about the law; take your life in your hands in Texas trespassing at night.

I took a concealed carry course in Texas about 15 years ago and didn't remember it being that way.

Here is a 2013 article.

http://nation.time.com/2013/06/13/when-you-can-kill-in-texas/

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Lethal Force killings in the Article at Post #32 were all justified under the Texas Penal Codes I listed. If it's not a deterent, it is most definatly the last offense they commit. Just because your technically justified to use deadly force, doesn't mean you have to use it but I won't armchair quarterback those limited info Cases.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Lethal Force killings in the Article at Post #32 were all justified under the Texas Penal Codes I listed. If it's not a deterent, it is most definatly the last offense they commit. Just because your technically justified to use deadly force, doesn't mean you have to use it but I won't armchair quarterback those limited info Cases.
    In this state even when legal, if the local media does not like a stand your ground killing, often CCW gets indicted such as Zimmerman and that parking lot killing.

The white man charged with manslaughter for shooting a black man following a confrontation over a parking space in Florida in July is scheduled to go on trial next August, a judge said Friday. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-trial-date-michael-drejka-stand-your-n948296

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You should research (sundown law) what what you're commenting on. Go and shoot someone just for walking down the street after dark and see how that'll work out for you.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should research (sundown law) what what you're commenting on. Go and shoot someone just for walking down the street after dark and see how that'll work out for you.

I didn’t read anything about shooting anybody for walking down the street , can you show the post where someone said that ?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Backing up to a creek or wooded area is great until criminals or homeless start using said access!!!! Lived it in Charleston, SC. Never want to again. Had low income housing through some woods that my house backed up to. Criminals were using the woods to gain entrance to our neighborhood and cause all kinds of problems with breakins and more! Almost ended up shooting someone myself! Cops ended up having to chase him through the woods and never found him!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t have any answers, for the homeless problem. It seems on the surface that many of them choose that life style. But that’s based on looking from the outside in . One thing is for sure ,if they take up living on or around your property there are going to be problems that have to be addressed. We had some commercial property that was vacant and finally had to tear it down and strip the property of any vegetation, in order to discourage them living there. Any thing else we tried was a complete failure. The property became a total eyesore and zoning and code enforcement were threatening legal action, leaving us with very few options.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What is highly inaccurate is that it's legal to shoot a trespasser at night. It's not, it's legal to shoot a thief at night, but not a trespasser. The simple act of trespassing without aggravating circumstances like stealing doesn't rise to deadly force even in Texas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom