• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting to the point where buying a big boat and living ala "Waterworld" may be a serious option.
    Just make sure ya know how to shoot properly when on a boat ;)

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Austin TX just legalized camping on the streets with unsurprising results! Pics available all over the Web

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Austin TX just legalized camping on the streets with unsurprising results! Pics available all over the Web

Sad to see. Hopefully the governor will do as he promised and override it, but we'll see.

As it reads, if you have public property between your house and the road, and someone wants to setup a campsite, as long as they aren't completely blocking the sidewalk, the police can't even ask them to break down the tent or move. In front of your house.

Unbelievable in the Great State of Texas. What they hell have those commie libtards done to the capital...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Austin has always been a liberal bastion. Yes in front of your house between the sidewalk and street is utility access and they can pitch a tent...good grief!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Austin has always been a liberal bastion. Yes in front of your house between the sidewalk and street is utility access and they can pitch a tent...good grief!
    So is the shoulder of our roads in Pace, FL an area of for public Camping. I hope not.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Almost every property has an easement and that is where they are allowing the trespassing. I cannot believe that is even legal, many lawsuits over this I bet.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Almost every property has an easement and that is where they are allowing the trespassing. I cannot believe that is even legal, many lawsuits over this I bet.
    I assume the easement is from the shoulder to where the utility poles and in my case is mostly drainage ditch. Some have paid the county to put in culvert pipe and cover it over. The county mows the ditches and shoulders. About a year or ao prisoners likely working for the FDOT clean the bush on the opposite side of the ditch every so often. When they were rebuilding the old bridge near me the county guy doing the work did use some prisoners for labor on some minor things. When I went over to talk I took one of my dogs over to give them the proper impression and she did impress them. They knew what an old county bulldog looked like when they saw one.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An easement is not public property. It is a path over private property to accommodate some service for the public good. I have a drainage easement in the form of a canal on one side of my property. The local roads and drainage district has the right to drain storm water through it. In return, they are supposed to maintain it. I have every right to chase anyone else off of that piece of property because I own it. Years ago I placed a fence post at the line where the easement begins next to the canal. That easement runs to a similar point on the other side of the canal which belongs to my neighbor on that side.

Due to the fact that the drainage district stole dirt from the previous property owner while cleaning out and re-digging the canal, the width of the easement from the canal to the end of the easement is no more than 5 feet. Needless to say, they can no longer get a vehicle back into the easement without ending up in the canal.

Legally, I could file a quiet title lawsuit against them and forever extinguish the easement because, I have openly and defiantly occupied that easement for more than seven years and have steadfastly refused to allow them access to it. I own to the middle of that canal. I also own to the middle of the street in front of my house. There is also a road and a drainage easement between the center of the road and my house. These easements are created for special purposes like, for the property owners to access their own property and the water district to access the canals for maintenance.

These easements are created for specific purposes and those rights are granted to specific entities. No other entities are allowed to use them for any other purpose without paying the property owner for access. If a water company wants to supply water to this district, they will have to pay for that right. At one time the road and drainage district tried to make a deal with them to sell them access till it was shown that, only the property owners could do that. Needless to say, we're still on well water to this day.

I don't know what Texas laws are but, I believe some of you are confusing an easement with a public right-of-way.

Top Bottom