Patriot Mobile

Recents events, NRA, and Hickok 45 discussion-they will support from the sidelines

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I probably would not make a public announcement of it like they are doing, but I am not pleased with what is going on with the NRA. I plan to soon make a modest donation to them and really there is not any other better choice at the moment with anyone else that has real national clout like they do.

hickok45
    Published on Jun 21, 2019
    We have high hopes that the NRA will come out of all this strong, lean, and more effective; however, we've come to the tough decision that we can no longer take support from the NRA or continue to use our brand to ask people to join. It was not easy yesterday to tell the NRA folks we needed to part ways, but they were very professional about it and understood.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like a victory for liberals , I believe the phrase goes something like this , Divide and conquer .

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    They never said why they are parting ways just that there is “stuff” going on. Guess I’m out of the loop. What is going on to prompt this video?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This Hickock 45 guy is a inept bafoon. My proof . . . just watch his eval vid of the Mossberg Shockwave.
    I rest my case. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This Hickock 45 guy is a inept bafoon. My proof . . . just watch his eval vid of the Mossberg Shockwave.
    Really their presentation on the shockwaves have no bearing on his NRA position and if it I were them I would just keep my mouth shut about the NRA on youtube.
    I watched a few moments of Hickok with the shockwave. I did not see anything wrong and was not interested enough to watch more, just not highly instructive for the 2 minutes that I watched and it goes on for 30 minutes. This is the linked that I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxECBq-f68s

Here is someone that is a lot better for instructive use of those 14 inch barreled birdshead griped shotguns. GS is selling a customized version them of course and he takes steroids and can lift hundreds of pounds which is needed to properly control them. GS also is said to have a fair of amount of experience killing people as a former cop and so thinks highly of shotguns. For the moment for several reasons that type of gun is not for me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I possibly watched a different vid than you. The one I watched showed him holding one gun in each hand. Then shooting a gun single handed at arms length and tearing up his thumb with the safety,due to recoil.
    So tell me . . . why is he distancing himself from the NRA ?? Like some here,did they send him one too many advertisements in the mail ?? --- SAWMAN

bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The "stuff" might be about leaked memos and letters regarding excessive spending of NRA top executives. Tom Grisham talks with Rob Pincus about it on The Gun Talk 5.19.19 A podcast starting around the 5-minute mark.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I possibly watched a different vid than you. The one I watched showed him holding one gun in each hand. Then shooting a gun single handed at arms length and tearing up his thumb with the safety,due to recoil.
    So tell me . . . why is he distancing himself from the NRA ?? Like some here,did they send him one too many advertisements in the mail ?? --- SAWMAN

That is a good question as to why they feel the need to talk about it in public. I would have just quit vocally promoting them without saying anything as to why. Even then maybe not even that.
    I hope this puts some pressure on the NRA to clean house a bit, but I am not hopeful. This started with Ollie North speaking out against them while he was the NRA President.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The NRA is an absolute shit show, and blind allegiance to them would make you an inept bafoon to say the least.... good for hickok45!

Put your money in a zero comprise organization like Gun Owners of America!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What has the NRA done for us?

And please don't give me the ole Fudd answer of "fIgHt FoR mY sEcOnD aMeNdMeNt"

Looking at the past I see a lot of compromises and not a lot of victories for the 2a community.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I imagine Hickok made a statement because in a lot of his videos he supports joining the NRA and provides a link to join at a discount. To withdraw publicly from teaming with the NRA tells me some serious stuff is going on and until he can be comfortable with them he will not publicly support them.

As for being an "inept bafoon", he's not. I and his many other, fans enjoy his videos and appreciate his candor and dedication to the gun community.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They gave me an NRA logo knife for becoming a life member that broke a month later LOL.

I have broken of a couple of their knives also. LOL.

They insist on giving you cheapo gifts when you send them money for somethings.

The fact I have a CCW is why I give thanks for that to Marion Hammer of the Florida branch of the NRA and A president of the NRA for 3 years. Not the GOA. While I do not agree with some of what of the NRA does, if they fail, expect to lose most your gunrights as the democraps start to live out their wet dreams in real life and GOA will not be able to lobby effectively against it. If they magically could assume the lobbying position of the NRA I would support them and be for the NRA managing shooting events.
    The NRA manages the administration needed for many competitive events which is quite important to many of us that regularly compete. They no longer are quite so important with police training as they once were. They are also separate from Olympic shooting as they once were.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    LaPierre has been getting his luxury items paid for and scamming the NRA for his private piggy bank all with member funds, now no NRATV, Cox quit today and we lost North, both calling out the fraud and abuse...I am done!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If you want to see inept buffoons take a look at the NRA. They haven't haven't seen a gun regulation in 50 years they have screwed us on the compromise with their boor licking ways.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just saying.
    42482ed36b8d98a50d52b3e448c533e8.jpg

Washington actually needed the French as the final blow to beat the British. During those days the members of the revolutionary government and a little later new government of USA were not trying to disarm Americans, it was the British.

Top Bottom