• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe some of the guys were referring to the hunter safety course as to someone carrying without a lot of training to be toting one. I only put that out there bc you said she was in a hurry and she, your wife, has 5 years experience with a pistol, and the HSC would be the fastest "if" she had the class sometime prior. Otherwise, the HSC will take longer as there still is a classroom environment setting at a local range. I'm sure their remarks was not meant nor directed to you or her in a derogatory way, but moreso of others without the experience using the HSC for their cwc.
    Also, as far as this comment, "I guess everyone here did an 8 hour class before turning in their DD214? I just want to say I bet you whatever you want, I have had more experience and time "using" a M16, yes, an M16 and 1911 pistols than you and your wife have in combined experience with any firearm. I take your remark as an insult to all US military and Veterans. I really feel your comment was uncalled for.

Now I'd like to add, after re-reading your posts, I highly suspect you work with the atf and are looking for unscrupulous ccw "gunshow" instructors to bust. Which is good bc we don't need that kind of person in that type of profession. Either that or you work with some democratic liberal anti-gun group trying to further limit the 2d.

I mean seriously, " she isn't going to sit in an 8 hour class for a Florida CCW, much less 4. Either she's a spoiled person who is used to having her way, or you're working for atf or some anti-gun group. just my .02

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Curious as to the first paragraph of your post #19. I may be reading this wrong so please correct me if that is the case or feel free to varify what you stated.
    . . . . "training for firearms". . . . "I support having more than what Florida or Virginia MANDATES is necessary to carry concealed OR OWN firearms in the first place."
    Just to be clear,are you saying that Florida and Virginia mandates training and/or proof of training before they allow you to OWN a firearm ?? --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The whole training program is set up in Florida to provide uniformity for everybody that gives a course. Some people provide better and more training than others and then again some folks do the minimum. But, a minimum requirement does exist, as it should. I wouldn't mind it being more informative and require more range time than it does but I don't make the decision. Prior training or skill level doesn't mean beans. It's a requirement to take the course and if a person can't, or won't, then they're not legal. End of argument. Since you can get in tremendous trouble (jail time sound familiar) it's not worth the risk. I have to take the same training at work that I took the year before and have done it for years and even though I get sick of doing it, retraining does keep me sharp. The weapons training only has to be done once.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    vikuto, cut that corner as close as legally allowed. We shouldn't be registering for these licenses or paying for them in the first place.

As for that BS about actually INCREASING the hoops to carry or Own firearms: yeah, your instincts about our reactions is correct.

This state already makes it VERY easy for illegal invaders to get handouts, potheads to get "medicinal" excuses, children to dictate gun laws, and felons to vote.

We don't need another set of restrictions on the dwindling few who actually contribute to society.

Go buy a S&W 500, never shoot it, carry it in a shoulder rig under a light jacket. I don't care. The more people carrying, the sooner we work out the kinks, and Murphy's Law and Darwin's Theory can start culling the herd.

vikuto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just wanted advice on the shortest class, not a lecture. :lol: You guys crack me up. But hey whatever, we're all entitled to our opinions.

I won't bother replying to the rest as it's become a shitfest at this point, but I do want to clear one last point.

I'm a veteran. My father was a veteran. My grandfather was a veteran. So if you think I'm trying to insult veterans then maybe you need to be a little less sensitive.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You asked for the quickest option to a ccw outside of a 3-4hr class...there isn't one. Most members try to offer sound advice thru this forum, good luck in your search and continued firearms training.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm a veteran. My father was a veteran. My grandfather was a veteran. So if you think I'm trying to insult veterans then maybe you need to be a little less sensitive.

Serious question here.... What does you, your Daddy, and your Grand Pappy being Veterans have anything to do with anything with getting your wife a Concealed Carry permit? Heck, ! know PLENTY of veterans that never picked up a weapon..... Not everyone in the Military were/are Seals, Green Berets, Rangers, etc.... Just an observation....

vikuto

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was specifically responding to post #21 which said I was insulting veterans. I guess I should have quoted that since most people won't read the entire thread.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank you for your service to our country. --- SAWMAN

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    On a slightly different angle, but kinda the same topic. What kind of yearly training should one take. I am asking seriously.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On a slightly different angle, but kinda the same topic. What kind of yearly training should one take. I am asking seriously.

As much as you can afford as far as professional training, more importantly, once you've been taught the fundamentals, most training can be done at home... It does not matter how tight of a group you shoot if when you go to draw you drop your gun because you don't practice the fundamentals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So basically after you have your fundamentals down then practice practice practice. Drawing from holster and dry firing at home, and lots of range time with live fire.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So basically after you have your fundamentals down then practice practice practice. Drawing from holster and dry firing at home, and lots of range time with live fire.

and shoot pistol matches. a little adrenaline in the mix is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom