• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I live in Milton, and was wondering which local range to join. Escambia River Gun Club is the closest, but I have never been there. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just ride out there and check in at the RO's office. They will be glad to give you a tour. A week day would be best when it's not so busy.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ERGC is an excellent range with a great staff and the range is continuing to improve and provide more opportunities. Good luck and hope to see you out there sometime.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ERGC is an excellent range with a great staff and the range is continuing to improve and provide more opportunities. Good luck and hope to see you out there sometime.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm a member at ERGC and Santa Rosa. Only use Santa Rosa for skeet/trap. ERGC is the way to go for pistols, rifles, etc.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ERGC is where I'm a member. I'd be happy to bring you out there as a guest to try the place out. As mentioned the RO would be more than happy to give you a tour. I love it there. Never crowded and the place is very well kept. RO makes frequent rounds but doesn't harass you at all. I've always felt safe there. The other members follow the 4 rules to a T. We're very communicative on going hot or cold as well. It's a good range and the best one I've been to but I've only maybe been to 6 or so ranges. The $140/year is worth it for me as much as I go. I'll be going out there probably Wednesday if you'd like to join me. Just shoot me a PM.

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a member there also, I really enjoy going there, hardly never crowded and the people in the office and the other shooters are always courteous and safe. I usually go on a Tuesday or Wednesday as I'm retired and I try to leave the weekends to folks who can only go those days. I think you would like it there. Met a lot of nice friendly folks there.
    Joe

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It really depends on what sort of shooting you want to do. What is nice about ERGC is that there is no waiting list to join. Membership runs about close to a 1,000. I believe you can draw from a holster there which is not allowed at some other ranges. Currently available distances are not much over a hundred yards which is good for most shooters.

They do

For traditional NRA disciplines the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol ranges does that, but these days most shooters are not so interested in such shooting and there is a waiting list to join there since membership is held to about 250 IIRC. The matches are usually open to the public see schedules at: http://www.pensacolarifleandpistolclub.com/calendar.html

Something For Everyone
    Membership in the club is not required for any of our shooting sport events.
    Our club has been offering competitive shooting events dating back to the 1940s. Today we offer many forms of shooting sports to sharpen your skill with a pistol, rifle or shotgun.
    Several of our events take 1-2 hours to complete. If you like to shoot, something here may be for you since our events do not have a lot of down time. You can shoot in the morning and be done by lunch.
    Our organized shooting sport competitions are open to all members and non-members. New shooters will find that experienced shooters will generally help out with coaching and loaning spare gear. Listed below are our scheduled events.
    NRA Highpower Rifle
    ARA Rimfire Benchrest
    Shotgun-Trap Shooting
    IHMSA Silhouette
    NRA 900/2700 Precision Pistol
    Fiesta Of Five Flags Pistol Match
    CMP Games Rifle Matches
    NRA Conventional Highpower Rifle (200 Yard Reduced Match)
    Time: 9:00 a.m. The 2019 Match Dates: 2-Feb, 2-Mar, 1-Jun, 6-Jul, 7-Sep, 5-Oct and 2-Nov.
    Match Director: Jim Knerr; Contact via email here.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am probably going to join ERGC soon. Does anyone know if you have to bring your own target holders? Also will they allow you to shoot leagal Suppressors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I bring my own stands. They do have cheap ones you can rent daily there to use. Yes you can shoot pretty much any legal gun you have there other than a 50BMG. There's a few steel gongs permanently mounted on each range as well. You can also bring your own steel and resetting targets.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bring my own stands. They do have cheap ones you can rent daily there to use. Yes you can shoot pretty much any legal gun you have there other than a 50BMG. There's a few steel gongs permanently mounted on each range as well. You can also bring your own steel and resetting targets.
    soon as I get some things done I plan to spend a lot more time there doing combat type of shooting. I have a couple of .22 conversions for pistols and plan get get for an AR. That way one can use a rifle and pistol on close range steel and use a high volume of ammo doing so. Most places want all center fire on steel shooting to occur at 100 yards and I like to use them at closer ranges so having a .22 rifle set up for me is good.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can shoot 50 cal at the Pigfarm if you wish
    How close will you let me shoot steel with russian made 7.62x39 ammo. 50 yards is safe and that is the distance we did with a course I took with Don R up at Forala, AL a few years ago. Most places demand 100 yards distance for 7.62x39.
    It is good to know about the 50 BMG caliber weapons and in someone I know wants to shoot one. The big is the down range impact distances. They are real long range and are still quite deadly with those super heavy bullets when they come down.

PigFarmGunRange

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    50 yards is what we allow on rifle side on pistol side we go over what you know and your training before we cut you loose.

Top Bottom