• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are there local groups that participate in the AWR or ESCO free classes that are designed to help citizens respond to catastrophic events? Et cetera? Anyone who has a contingency plan for neighborhoods protection during an event? IE direct hurricane impact or massive power outage from nearby storms? I'm sure most of us have individual plans for emergency events just wondering if there's a more formal gathering of like minds?

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This may be of interest to you. I completed the training after I found it hard to volunteer for Hurricane Michael relief. CERT is Community Emergency Response Team.

We would like to announce the schedule for upcoming CERT Disaster Preparedness Training.

Please look over our June schedule below, and let me know if you are able to attend both dates.

In order to be activated as our potential volunteer for any disaster, such as Hurricane Michael, you must have CERT training which is approximately 21 hours.

You must also have a current level two background check, which BRACE will pay for if you complete the training with our team.

You will also be trained on deployment requirements.

Click on CERT button below with the CERT training sections. You will find them to be helpful in our every day life.

Please feel free to contact our BRACE/VISTA Training Coordinator, Dale Fleming by phone: 850-444-7046 Office, 850-207-7568 - Cell, or email: dfleming@bereadyalliance.org for any questions or concerns.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use to belong to the now defunct Pace Cert. There was training available and they were working closely with the Pace Fire Department. I am not sure if the current Chief really has an interest in Cert and I do not know if the Pace Cert got started back up again. Professionals tend to not want to deal with volunteer organizations so much except after an emergency has happened and they need bodies to deal with it. A great many of the churches are now involved to help out during hurricane type emergencies relative to handing out supplies and related activities.

The southern part of Santa Rosa County last I heard has a very active Cert.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was able to volunteer on two occasions following Hurricane Michael through Volunteer Florida. The problem was staying over there as there were limited places to stay and the drive over and back from Gulf Breeze was prohibitive. I contacted several local church groups to volunteer with them, however, although they said they would contact me they never did. I figured that getting aligned with an organization like CERT was the best way to help in any future hurricane-like disaster.

As I said, I took the CERT training and I must say that the emergency medical training was very beneficial.

Frommerstop, I have not heard of any CERT activity on the southern end of Santa Rosa. Do you have any contact or additional info?

Top Bottom