• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anybody have any spare 9mm Hi Power barrels with the humped feed ramp? A buddy of mine picked up a Hi power clone from a local dealer at the last gunshow and the barrel has a stress crack on the feed ramp and more importantly around the circumference of where the chamber is cut. So he's in need of another barrel. I'd also be willing to buy other 9mm Hi power parts/mags if someone has any to sell. I'll pay to ship since most of you fellas are well west of me. Thanks

I will only deal with established members.

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

DesertRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are some Remsport barrels on Ebay right now for $120, but I don't know if they're humped. Numrich has the Browning factory humped barrels for $187, but sometimes they stock surplus barrels for under a $100.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was how they are manufactured, all feg hi powers are exactly as you described shoot it and it will work just fine.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That was how they are manufactured, all feg hi powers are exactly as you described shoot it and it will work just fine.
    A stress crack around the circumference of the chamber? Nope, Thanks for your input though.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look how uniform that line is, almost perfect? Chamber area, let me try to find a photo, is the line just forward of the chamber stamping 9mmp / my last number of the s/n is on the fwd side of that line.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From my FN Hi Power (mfg 1982)
    View attachment 74909
    Just curious, is it the original barrel? Do the SN match? Barrel, slide, frame? My FN MKII, Browning MKI, and Kareen which all have original barrels and are all matching numbers, none of them have that two piece line

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Just curious, is it the original barrel? Do the SN match? Barrel, slide, frame? My FN MKII, Browning MKI, and Kareen which all have original barrels and are all matching numbers, none of them have that two piece line

SN on barrel and frame match. I don't see a SN on the slide. I'm not all that familiar with Hi Power particulars; I bought mine from a forum member here last year. All original as far as I know. I've fired it once and cleaned it twice and never noticed the line until I read this thread this evening.

bowfreak's link in post #8 above mentions all FN Hi Power barrels being 2 piece since the 1960s, but I really have no idea. My SN equates to 1982.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    SN on barrel and frame match. I don't see a SN on the slide. I'm not all that familiar with Hi Power particulars; I bought mine from a forum member here last year. All original as far as I know. I've fired it once and cleaned it twice and never noticed the line until I read this thread this evening.

bowfreak's link in post #8 above mentions all FN Hi Power barrels being 2 piece since the 1960s, but I really have no idea. My SN equates to 1982.
    Very interesting, sounds original. JJ told me about the Remsport barrels being two piece but I didn't know about the FNs, thanks Bowfreak, it was a good read throughout that page. Well whether it's a crack or a seperating two piece it still needs to be replaced for chamber pressure and the barrel to slide locking engagements. Sidenote, I did find two 20rd Browning GP35 mags so he gets a barrel and I get some rare mags. Thanks to all who chimed in.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom