• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    BEWARE OF CROOKS ON INTERNET !!!

A week or so ago i put an add on here in WTB section for a S&W Model 25-2.
    And a couple of days ago I get an E-Mail from a guy telling me he has the exact gun i am looking for for $925 shipped .
    I ask where he is located and if he has pictures.
    He answers back (New Jersey and sends me 5 pictures) Looks real good .
    So i start studying the Pics and suddenly i realize they look very familiar?

I have been looking all over the internet at this type gun and i recognized these pics as some i had seen in an AD on Guns International. This CROOK had taken 5 pictures out of an AD, of a Gun Shop in Reno Navada, on Guns International and offered it to me at a reduced price.
    ( The safest way to buy and sell out of town is FFL To FFL) May cost a little more but could save you all your money.!!!
    I reported it to Guns INT. and the Gun shop in Nevada.
    So Beware that crooks are trolling our GunForum for chances to rip people off !:crazy:

No idea how he got my E-Mail add.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Them jokers are thicker'n molasses. Good thing you remembered those pictures, huh?
    I get their city, and then I locate a FFL in that city or nearby from the FFL list. I then call that FFL and ask their fee for handling the sale and for shipping to my FFL. Then I tell the potential seller to take the gun to the FFL I selected and we will go from there. Can be a pain, but less likely to lose your money.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

No idea how he got my E-Mail add.

You have your account setup to accept them. Go check your account profile/settings.

If I click your username, there is an option to "Send an email". If I click that, it will open another page to fill out an email to send you. It doesn't show your address, but it asks for me to put one for you to reply to.

So the additional lesson might be: don't reply back to them, unless you want them to see/know your email address.

If you have a dog, save one of their "yard land mines", and send it to the scammer...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scammer asshats search for WTB ads, guns puppies, cars, teapots: doesn't matter what. They search the item for old ads; copy pics and text then reply to your ad. Some are stupid and don't screen origional ad contact info, don't know gun law and will ship to your house. Guns have the shipping safety catch if YOU use it.

You can click/hold on pics then search for similar image. This may take you to the origional seller, ad placed in multiple Stares or other scam ads where copy/paste image to standard text like "I have one, contact me for details and price." Same text for guns or puppies! If scammer downloaded image and changed hidden pic data it may not show another image,

Tell them to take a specific pic of the gun AND a common object of your choice in the pic, like a peb pointing into the chamber or spoon touchin muzzle. When you get excuses: camera broke, sister has gun now, basic phone can't do more pics: tell them never mind. Scammer will try to reset the hook, usually with a unbelievable discount: ignore and BLOCK IP address or server.

Best on I've seen: scammer copied the entire FFLs web site: Pics and Text and put his contact info on the Home page! Idiot did not change the click on "Contact Us" info which ID'ed the Shop in a different State. I sent the Real Shop an email with link to copycat scammer. They had no idea their name, reputation and business was hijacked.

Be safe out there folks.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Are you sure it wasn't legit Mac ? according to snoopses anything with 5 pictures or more should be legitimate.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooooo . . . I take it that I didn't win the power ball mega bucks lottery in Pakistan ???
    SHIT !! I was gonna use that money to buy a Hi Point carbine and if I had any leftover,get my grandaughter that liver transplant that she so desperately needs. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom