• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike463

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hurricane season is upon us, so it's time to prep accordingly.
    Your county should have a website for the local emergency operations center, this link is for Okaloosa county. There is a hurricane prep pdf with some good tips; I modified it and printed it out in checklist form in case we have to hit the road. The pucker factor was pretty high when Hurricane Michael was bearing down on the panhandle last year.
    One major drawback on bugging out is that bridges will be closed when sustained winds hit 39 mph. This could throw a big monkey wrench into your evacuation plans.
    For bugging out, I bought a few duffel bags and B4 (mobility) bags to throw in the back of my Jeep or on the roof rack (also have a cargo carrier). Needless to say, gasoline sold out very quickly when the storm track was heading our way (I fill up my vehicle whenever a storm hits the Gulf).
    The local surplus store here in FWB is well stocked with surplus items, many at very reasonable prices (Army Navy Surplus at 68 Beal Pkwy NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548). Also picked up two Fighting Load Carrier vests for a mere $15 each (slightly used), not to mention several types of pouches for mags, first aid kits, etc., at very low prices.

http://www.co.okaloosa.fl.us/eoc/home

Top Bottom