• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike463

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greetings,
    New member, have lived in NW FL off and on for the past 21 years. USAF retired (46370, or 2W2 in McPeak speak), have been a shooter and collector since 1980.

On a side note, we had 50 M16's when I was stationed in Germany ('88-'92) in our shop armory (along with 5000 rounds of ball and tracer). The tracer was loaded 1 to 4, in 30 round mags. The tracer was later removed (461 AMMO job). We had three "armorers" in the shop, our responsibilities included inspection, cleaning, and issue (for exercises or unit range qualification). CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance) insisted on all minor repairs, such as replacing a damaged handguard.
    Our rifles included Colt/Armalite 601's (a handful), 602's, and 604's. They were in good condition, I don't recall any FTF or FTE during qualification at the range. No green painted stocks, but I do seem to recall seeing a few Edgewater buffers when we field stripped them during monthly inspections. Too bad we didn't have the ability to take photos (wish I would have written down some s/n's), but we were in a Priority A restricted area.

Yours, &c.

Mike

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the forum, great to have you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the forum from Baker up in North Okaloosa
    Thanks for your service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greetings,
    New member, have lived in NW FL off and on for the past 21 years. USAF retired (46370, or 2W2 in McPeak speak), have been a shooter and collector since 1980.

On a side note, we had 50 M16's when I was stationed in Germany ('88-'92) in our shop armory (along with 5000 rounds of ball and tracer). The tracer was loaded 1 to 4, in 30 round mags. The tracer was later removed (461 AMMO job). We had three "armorers" in the shop, our responsibilities included inspection, cleaning, and issue (for exercises or unit range qualification). CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance) insisted on all minor repairs, such as replacing a damaged handguard.
    Our rifles included Colt/Armalite 601's (a handful), 602's, and 604's. They were in good condition, I don't recall any FTF or FTE during qualification at the range. No green painted stocks, but I do seem to recall seeing a few Edgewater buffers when we field stripped them during monthly inspections. Too bad we didn't have the ability to take photos (wish I would have written down some s/n's), but we were in a Priority A restricted area.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Welcome to the forum from zoomie to another. I was at Rhein Main with the 7th SOS 88-92. Where abouts in Germany were you stationed at?

Also lived at Erding 71-72 and Bitburg 82-85 as an AF Brat.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum sir.
    I was at Patch Barracks (Stuttgart) at two different times for NATO exercises. Liberty was great,beer was great,ladies were "wholesome". I fell in love on several occasions. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom