• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakeoil1227

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I built a PA 9mm carbine,but it doesn't eject after the first two or three rnds...any gunsmiths in the Spanish fort,al. area? thanks for your help!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you "think" you built a 9mm AR, but you aren't sure, then congrats that you didn't blow yourself up.

Perhaps, ask the source of wherever you bought the parts, what exactly it is you have.

9mm AR's aren't universal: bolt carrier groups, uppers, lowers, magwell adapters vs dedicated 9mm lower, different mag types, etc.

As for a 'smith, this thread is over a year old, but it's one option:
    https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?44983&p=396677#post396677

snakeoil1227

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joking about "thinking" I built a 9mm carbine....just need a local gunsmith (no parts changers) that can diagnose my problem....I have several AR 15 friends,but none can make my carbine work. I have 9mm carbine by SIG,that belchs out "9'''s by the handful...no problems, I gues the Palmetto is cheap junk or i'm just not an arms smith...so, does anyone know of a local gun smith?

RED-85-Z51

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 9mm is a blowback system right? No gas? Every psa ive had, had a gas block problem that was easily repaired.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

snakeoil1227

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 9mm is a blowback system right? No gas? Every psa ive had, had a gas block problem that was easily repaired.

So,can you tell me how to remedy the blow back problem? I am mechanically inclined,so I can take instructions, thanks for your help!

RED-85-Z51

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So,can you tell me how to remedy the blow back problem? I am mechanically inclined,so I can take instructions, thanks for your help!
    Does the casing stay in the chamber? Does is half eject? Stovepipe?

RED-85-Z51

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A blowback system is not unlike a pistol...the force of the gasses between the projectile and the case pushes the casing back against the bolt..and the bolt (slide on a pistol) moves back...and the casing hits the ejector..and it hinges off the extractor lip.

If a blowback system isnt ejecting...the case is sticking in the chamber, maybe too hot of a load, or the chamber is too snug. Or...maybe the ammo is not hot enough and isnt pushing back hard enough. Maybe the recoil spring is too tight. There are many possibilities

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If it's a new build, try oiling the shit out of the firing pin and bolt. My brother had a new build that I believe just had too tight of machining tolerances and needed a little extra oil to break it in. After it was broken in, it functioned fine. If it's cycling a few rounds, and then stopping, check the primer on the third round for light primer strikes.

snakeoil1227

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it's a new build, try oiling the shit out of the firing pin and bolt. My brother had a new build that I believe just had too tight of machining tolerances and needed a little extra oil to break it in. After it was broken in, it functioned fine. If it's cycling a few rounds, and then stopping, check the primer on the third round for light primer strikes.

Thanks, I will keep you posted about the cycling...

Top Bottom