• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I look at it like if it's been purchased it's not new anymore, I can go to the same store and buy the same gun, there has to be some incentive to buy one or the other if their both priced the same I'll just buy at the store. If I can save a few bucks I'll buy the used one. Never been fired means more to me than like new in the box. My idea of like new and yours might be quite different. G-rat mentioned the seller listing a sale price then adding a higher price for a trade. If it's worth $500 it's worth $500. Personally when I see those ads I just skip on by but that's just me.
    Thanks,
    Joe

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    for me a private sale has several advantages .. no sales tax .. this gives a pretty significant advantage over a store .. especially on higher end items.. the state and feds already get enough of my money...

rich

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    bottom line it is used if not buying from an FFL, doing the form and callin. saving tax and FFL fees may be enough for an unshot weapon but you better be at the BUDS price or lower depending on the gun

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, since we are talking about selling firearms and prices and we aren't allowed to comment directly on a firearm for sale, I figured I just put my one or two cents in here. What is with the "it looks like Hillary won" prices on many firearms. First the Florida Gun Trader and Armslist is now the new CL, i.e. overpriced items and some extreme. And even here. Look at say, someone's AR15 listed for $1K and a type that no one in a free state would really be interested in. But that is just an example. I could go on but most of you know exactly what I'm saying here. I just look and think to myself "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT"!-:)

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me it boils down to doing a little research and then deciding what I would pay for that firearm in the condition I consider it in, it it's what the seller is asking I don't try to beat them down I just buy the gun. If it's higher I make an offer, in the end, they don't have to sell and I don't have to buy. I've always felt it isn't a good deal unless both parties are happy.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New castle, Delaware ( about 20 minutes south of philadelphia, PA or 1 hour and a half north of baltimore maryland)
    Livingston, Alabama ( about 30 minutes south of Tuscaloosa how my roommate drove or 40 miles for the rest of us)

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me it boils down to doing a little research and then deciding what I would pay for that firearm in the condition I consider it in, it it's what the seller is asking I don't try to beat them down I just buy the gun. If it's higher I make an offer, in the end, they don't have to sell and I don't have to buy. I've always felt it isn't a good deal unless both parties are happy.

Can't disagree, however if someone buys a used gun for $500 when you can buy it new for $350, they are either not very smart or can't legally purchase a firearm. Neither of which is very good. As my ole dad used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute"-:). And then there's always those hoping to find one to sell to!-:)

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't disagree, however if someone buys a used gun for $500 when you can buy it new for $350, they are either not very smart or can't legally purchase a firearm. Neither of which is very good. As my ole dad used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute"-:). And then there's always those hoping to find one to sell to!-:)

Kinda goes back to the "doing a little research thing". Should eliminate that mistake unless it's like you say they aren't legal to buy and will pay most any amount. Having a little knowledge goes a long way in buying/trading firearms or anything else for that matter. I've overpaid and undersold both, I suspect most here that have been in the gun sport for any time have, probably will again if it's something I just can't live without or something I just don't care for anymore.

gunbuilder59

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys! Newbie here on building an AR 15... I was checking out a few spots to buy a budget AR and I ran across a website called 22mods4all.com .... Any body have thoughts about this site for products?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hey guys! Newbie here on building an AR 15... I was checking out a few spots to buy a budget AR and I ran across a website called 22mods4all.com .... Any body have thoughts about this site for products?
    So after some quick "google-foo" investigating, this company, or Zavair firearms, apparently is Chinese knock-offs and subpar manufacturers. Will it cycle and shoot, probably. Can you get something of greater quality for a little more money, absolutely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gunbuilder59

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So after some quick "google-foo" investigating, this company, or Zavair firearms, apparently is Chinese knock-offs and subpar manufacturers. Will it cycle and shoot, probably. Can you get something of greater quality for a little more money, absolutely.

I was looking at some of their upper receivers and they seem to be priced pretty good compared to other places I have looked at. They also say that their products are 100% made in the USA... How would you know if it is a chinese knock off?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was looking at some of their upper receivers and they seem to be priced pretty good compared to other places I have looked at. They also say that their products are 100% made in the USA... How would you know if it is a chinese knock off?
    This was an indicator...Magpul knockoff
    https://22mods4all.com/b-a-d-lever-battery-assist-device/

There's a plethora of AR parts nowadays, personally I lean towards the ones who have been around awhile and have good QC.
    But if "cheap as I can budget build" is the goal...then rock on. If I had the spare time/money, I'd love to torture test one the low end ARs just for giggles.

gunbuilder59

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was an indicator...Magpul knockoff
    https://22mods4all.com/b-a-d-lever-battery-assist-device/

There's a plethora of AR parts nowadays, personally I lean towards the ones who have been around awhile and have good QC.
    But if "cheap as I can budget build" is the goal...then rock on. If I had the spare time/money, I'd love to torture test one the low end ARs just for giggles.

Gotcha! Thanks!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I find it interesting that your first five posts on this forum all relate to the same website that you are asking about here...The company is located in Longwood, FL, which is so very very close to Orlando. Just curious, do you work for them?

gunbuilder59

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find it interesting that your first five posts on this forum all relate to the same website that you are asking about here...The company is located in Longwood, FL, which is so very very close to Orlando. Just curious, do you work for them?

No, I'm local and they are a local gun shop I found. I figured I would get the best answers on here.

Top Bottom