HD Tactical

The 2A, hated, revered, a threat or defense, the only Right so embattled!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What events could lead to a new "Old North Bridge" clash?

Preceeding April 19th, 1775, Englands tyranny had tentacles choking freedoms, commerce and levied ever increasing taxes. There had been small reprisals against empowered British loyalists by some wishing to lighten their Yoke but that just increased Englands resolve to bring the colonists to heel. The objective of removing firearms, ball and powder, was just a means to eliminate the tools colonists could use for a larger scale revolt and threaten Englands power, resources and revenue.

Todays social and political environments and gloomy forecast doesn't bear down as broadly. Envision any form of goverment in Office, doesn't matter if you support it or not. What matters is if that Governments rises to a level of actions that are adversarial oppression that even prior supporters fear it. A Government would be insane to impose such oppression unless they had the means to retain control and destroy those in opposition. Regardless of the pace of a political plan but knowing the end game requires keeping the citizens in line. Goverment must eliminate any means that civilians could use to mount a strong resistance. As seen throught history, Governments will "lawfully"attempt to disarm the population then forcibly disarm the rest. It's a precursor to remove the same types of tools/capability (1775) BEFORE the wider imposition of unbearable laws and conditions are tied upon everyones backs. History has proven the effectiveness of these tactics and the short sighted gun grabber lemmings are ignorant of what their harvest will yeild.

Specifically, the masses won't come together in support of the 2A because they don't think "they" will loose anything by destroying the 2A, when in fact they can loose everything. That is why the "commonly understood" personal freedom to keep and bear arms was formally recognized and written as the 2A: to document a Right in simple terms (the Right of the People to keep and bear Arms) and protect the ignorant from themselves/government (shall not be infringed.). This Right is specific to the PEOPLE: Not the Federal Government, Not to State Governments. The ignorant fail to grasp the importance of a strong and un-infringed 2A. It not about "sporting purposes", its about protecting the PEOPLE from all threats to Life, Liberty and Freedom. It is a equal protection for the Left and the Right. The current power on the Left and some on the Right want to eliminate that Protection held by the PEOPLE.

There are three basic groups that attempt to infringe on or abolish the 2A, Peoples Protection:
    1. It is a Government that can't overtly oppress the masss and fears escalation from protest to riot then revolt and the loss of control and power.
    2. It is victims, family and allies who suffered violence from criminals or mentally deranged persons that used firearms AND the criminal justice system didn't provide a pound of flesh to their liking.
    3. The ignorant who don't understand a strong and un-infringed 2A is as neccessary today as it was in 1775 and will be 250 years from now. They think mankind can be neutered from violent acts by removing firearms and what ever comes in common violent use after that,...

"The Tree of Liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." A qoute from Thomas Jefferson. Very true words but there is a wider application IMHO. There has been bloodshed and death over free speech by those wanting to silence it. The same has happened to many who pushed for civil Rights and before that fought over slavery. We as a Nation endured the pain and loss but did not cave on those Rights and they stand secure. We have individual and mass criminal acts of violence and murder where firearms were used. It is most difficult for those directly impacted and I respect that. May the criminal justice system leverage the severest penalties upon the guilty and God show no mercy towards them. The bloodshed of these innocent victims must also be considered as refreshing the Tree of Liberty and not a reason to uproot it. It is not the Liberty (2A Rights in this case) that causes the loss but a criminal abuse of that Liberty which draws long established penalties.

Political tool of disarmament.
    Where in the Constitution does it allow punishment of the innocent for the acts of a criminal? I can't find it but when there's a mass shooting there are almost instantaneous calls for all manner of gun control measures to be enacted into Law. Let's be clear, the criminal broke existing felony laws injuring and killing people, do gun grabbers believe adding a lower Class Felony or misdemeanor would have been a successful deterrent? Of course not, "these new Laws" target law abiding citizens who will comply with them. Why create new laws when agencies didn't enforce the old laws to the fullest extent or the agency dropped the ball? Again, puts more punishment in several forms on the innocent. Claims that if it saves one child it's worth it (no, too many lives were lost in order to establish the Rights). "Loopholes" is a term used to infer dishonesty upon a lawful action that anti gun politicians and groups don't like. No laws broken, no law is broken either, move along. By contrast, Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the Nation but every week there are dozens of shootings: 1-6 June had 10 shot and killed and 73 shot and wounded and heading for in a "record LOW crime year"! Its pretty much the same thing every week and doesn't hit the national news. Of course its the ease of getting guns from outside the City and State that's blamed as the problem not the criminals in the city who actually do the damage. Don't you find it odd that all the anti gun politicians and groups NEVER MENTION Chicago "gun violence"? Moms/Mayors why the silence on a City that has more "gun violence" than LA and NYC combined? Could it be FAILED gun control leaving hundreds dead and thousands wounded every year doesn't fit your narrative that guns must be banned and a peaceful utopia will follow? Keep peddling your chosen PR oppertunities and prostituting the victims and family's grief to push your disarmament agenda.

If gun grabbers can't get the guns fast enough for their liking, they now go after the PEOPLE. We have had the list of firearm and ammunition prohibited persons for decades. Now they want an ever increasing laws that target people to disqualify their right to own/posses firearms. They went for domestic violence misdemeanor, expanded it to full family, intimate partners and now one date is enough of a relationship to qualify. Bloomed again to Red Flag Laws: anybody can claim another person has bad intent and your guns are gone faster than due process and you have to prove your innocence they need not prove your guilt beyond the filed Report. Lets not skip the attempt to push all PTSD into the restricted category and also force the release of protected medical records to non medical agencies. Last but hardly least is changing existing law and making what was widely known as lawful into a unlawful act thereby creating criminals with the stroke of a pen: Imposing ammo and magazine bans, mandating registrations and changing permanent one time registrations into mandatory renewal requirements or experation date X years from original issue, while at the same time creating a special enforcemen division to go and collect firearms from "now" expired registrations.

If all lawful American Citizen's are afforded the same Rights and Protection, why can't some of them get a CWP because of their Zip Code? The 2A is adequate "good cause".

More to follow.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    UNFORTUNATELY . . to me . . . boils down to this - - -> Out of all the "active" members on this forum,how many of then ACTUALLY give money or their time, to a pro 2A cause or lobby ??
    After talking to some people,and reading the posts of others,I would say <15%. That's it.
    These people want others,or just assume that others,will take up the cause on their behalf. A percentage of the above 15% simply don't give a shit. They have a "it will never happen" attitude. Or they don't care if it does happen. Some people here seem that they would be just as happy bitching and whining as shooting and hunting anyway.
    Then . . . there are some that would actually be happy to loose their mags,cans,stocks,or even their guns,just as long as they could "win" the fight to blame it all on Mr. Trump. Proof . . ?? . . well,we saw it with the bump stocks now didn't we ?? --- SAWMAN

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red flag laws are the current inroad to disarmament based on thoughts and beliefs. Personally, I don't believe the mental health thing is all they are about. Mental health will be determined by those who write and enforce the laws more than any trained mental health professional. While your right to speak in opposition might be upheld by the 1A, don't think for a minute that your words/thoughts/beliefs cannot or will not be used against you. Not freedom.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tyranny is the ultimate goal of any government that is not reigned in by its citizens and we are all on our way to becoming subjects. Disarming the citizens is a step to making such into subjects. Federally imposed disarmament will happen, but hopefully not in my life time.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wildrider, are those your words, or are they cut/paste from an article or something?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My words/thoughts. Had a rant I couldn't clear from my head after Trump's anti gun appointment to ATF Dir. I didnt want to de-rail other threads that weren't quite in my line of thought. I could have done better if I wasn't so foggy brained at the wee hour of the morning. Lol

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My words/thoughts. Had a rant I couldn't clear from my head after Trump's anti gun appointment to ATF Dir. I didnt want to de-rail other threads that weren't quite in my line of thought. I could have done better if I wasn't so foggy brained at the wee hour of the morning. Lol

You make many great points in the main post, but your reply has me puzzled. I didn't see any "anti-gun" references when I looked up Canterbury. What did I miss?

EDIT: Disregard. I should've dug a little more. Seems there are very polarized assessments of him. Some have a very pro-2A laundry list. Others have a very anti-2A track record. Another fake-news minefield of misinformation...

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tyranny is the ultimate goal of any government that is not reigned in by its citizens and we are all on our way to becoming subjects. Disarming the citizens is a step to making such into subjects. Federally imposed disarmament will happen, but hopefully not in my life time.

Agreed we are well on our way to becoming what we once tried to escape. Many have already self-subjugated. Prime indicators are the number of folks offering up the rights of others to preserve their own, and those who will immediately shush or shout down anyone that speaks in a manner that brings scrutiny of the authorities on something they value personally.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    wildrider666 very well written.
    I have been working on military bases since 2006 in the panhandle and the South. The only part of my job I do not agree with is not being able to have a firearm with me or on me. I am a CCW & FFL holder and think it is bullshit that from the time I leave for work at 0430 until the time I get home at 1630 all I have to protect myself is a pocket knife. A lot of times I stop at grocery stores, auto part stores, fuel stations, etc on my way home.
    From my time working on base, it is safe to say most people out here own and use firearms. Seems like a good way to disarm 100% of the people that would use a weapon for the purpose it was intended for. I think it would be safe to say that we are unarmed through our whole day, until we get home, and that is if they live off base.

Talk about punishing the decent, law abiding, citizens. That alone has made me want to find a different line of work all together, which is why I started my FFL.

I really hate to see Florida turning into a liberal state but it's been happening for years. I'll just keep moving until I eventually end up in Alaska I guess.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom