Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Pensacola Fairgrounds GUN SHOW ,June 22 & 23
    :bored::bored::tea:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I'm going to go to the show tomorrow and peruse around. Need a few parts and maybe something else. Hopefully there's some deals to be had.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've warned myself ahead of time that I'll leave disappointed but it gets me out of the house during the heat of the day and will give me something to bitch about online before I get back to doing yard work. Plus it gives me an excuse to get some Zaxby's since it's right across the street. It can be a good thing if you want it to be. Haha

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went this morning.
    I boycotted them for a while due to the entrance fee increase but since I went last time and found a great deal on a Win 94, I figured I would give it another shot.
    Didn’t see anything that interested me enough to pull out my wallet.
    There was a nice Colt Match Target 6” that I would’ve made an offer on if I didn’t already have one.
    Seems like the Smith and Wesson guy lowered his prices a little. They weren’t that bad for what he was offering.
    I’ve never seen so many Nylon 66s at a gunshow. I must’ve seen at least 10 but most were in the $400 range which is beyond my interest.
    I thought long and hard about a Citori 20 but decided that I could do without it.
    Lots of knife tables.
    The guy over on the far left is selling Trump hats for $5.
    I’ve spent worse mornings.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was about to comment that there hasn't been much being said so I wasn't sure if that's a good or bad thing. Still think I'm going to venture that way tomorrow with a few dollars in my pocket just in case.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I went this morning, sold a pistol and picked up a couple pounds of powder from GA Arms. Did anyone else see the fellow who apparently took a backwards tumble and cracked the back of his head open on the concrete floor? He bled quite a bit and was taken away by EMS. I hope he's OK.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I went this morning.
    I boycotted them for a while due to the entrance fee increase but since I went last time and found a great deal on a Win 94, I figured I would give it another shot.
    Didn’t see anything that interested me enough to pull out my wallet.
    There was a nice Colt Match Target 6” that I would’ve made an offer on if I didn’t already have one.
    Seems like the Smith and Wesson guy lowered his prices a little. They weren’t that bad for what he was offering.
    I’ve never seen so many Nylon 66s at a gunshow. I must’ve seen at least 10 but most were in the $400 range which is beyond my interest.
    I thought long and hard about a Citori 20 but decided that I could do without it.
    Lots of knife tables.
    The guy over on the far left is selling Trump hats for $5.
    I’ve spent worse mornings.

well you did well then, a couple of those hats and I would be good to go!

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I left empty handed. Some cool things but nothing that I couldn't live without. I drooled over the Smith's a bit and a few other tables' guns. Lots of foot traffic but I didn't see much buying/selling going on. Didn't feel like a total loss to me so $9 wasn't wasted and I had some delicious Zaxby's for lunch. Haha

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Today was a slow one at the show, at least when I went. I did find an medium AR riser I needed for a project and a 2/1 point sling I could not refuse to bring home at $20 for a Magpul like sling.

Only saw one tempting item, a used SIG AUG A3 M1 with a 3x carry handle donut scope; but the scope reticle was tilted, and they wanted $2k for it!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm surprised neighboring gun show don't seem to be getting much traffic from Panama City/Bay. Our Fair Grounds location got hammered by HM. Haven't seen anything on funding and it doesn't look like anybody lifted a finger over there! Oh well, more beer money. Lol

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Honestly, these shows are not worth driving 100+ miles for.
    I’m really surprised that these shows have survived this long. The vendors are paying $80 or $90 a table.
    It’s no wonder their prices are high. I don’t see how they make a buck.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't see why gun shops go to shows. Seems it would be most beneficial for individuals selling and not FFL's. Jay's must sell a lot of guns at shows to justify the amount of tables he buys. Didn't see him doing much but I don't even bother looking at his tables.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    It's sad that we bitch about a hobby we love, but that's how bad the gun show can be. Lol.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    One reason that an established dealer (LGS) would go to a gun show is the available eyeballs. More "gun people" would see their stuff in a gunshow day than in an in shop month.
    Another would be the discount store (Dollar General,etc,etc.) mentality. Some youngins that I have talked to actually believe that everything is cheaper at a gun show. These are mostly the people that do not shop for guns on the interweb,and/or they do not belong to a forum like this one.
    They actually believe that a gunshow is the place that dealers get together to sell the "leftovers". The guns that they can not/do not sell in their store. REALLY !! --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    One thing I wish the dealers with lots of tables would do - put a big sign that says “used firearms” on certain tables and group them all together.
    There is nothing currently in production that I want so I quickly skim over displays like Jays. I’m probably missing a few out-of-production guns that are intermingled with new firearms.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't make a long gun show trip unless I had som collateral business nearby. Hasn't happened yet, Lol.

Top Bottom