Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It would be for me too. His schedule is different than mine. Sure does work good, as well as the Ken Light my other buddy lets me use. That one is even hooked to a Dillon case feeder. You can always spin them in a deep well socket on a drill and drop them in a bucket of water. All depends on you need really.

2. Likes Jester896's Post:

The Ken Light "BC-1000" is now handled by the designer, Brian Crawford, since Mr. Light passed away.
    He wrote a really informative article on the specifics of annealling. Good read. Answers the "to quench, or not to quench" question. A very small portion (maybe a few sentences?) of the article is annealer-specific to the BC-1000, but the vast majority is universal info.

http://www.lasc.us/CartridgeCaseAnnealing.htm
    Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

4. 2 Like Snake-Eyes's Post:

Thanks there are a lot of other good articles on that site

Additional Authors And Articles

Dual PID Temperature Controller The Myth of Arsenic Cartridge Case Annealing
    By: Keith G. Benedict By: Wiljen By: Ken Light
    pdf version pdf version pdf version
    A Nation Of Cowards 22 Rimfire Specialty Ammo Marlin Leverguns
    By: Jeffrey R. Snyder By: PACO By: PACO
    African Hunt With Cast Bullets Looking Back - The 22 Rimfire The Masters And Its Guns
    By: Sarel Badenhorst By: PACO By: Larry Stuhlman

and much more.

He speaks of judging the shine of the case and I will have to review that. While quenching is not needed, I can see if it is a home made set up there is a safety factor if the base is immersed in water while heating. No matter what mistakes one might make, it will prevent the case head from becoming too soft.

I think you are right on home quenching. It is a good read and good info. I also believe that it is geared for his product. I wouldn't find it necessary to quench when using his annealer and don't. The heavy aluminum acts as a heat sink (the older one is heavier) and also keep the center of the disk full of water to help. It doesn't contact the brass it cools the heat sink.

8. Likes Jester896's Post: