• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a Springfield m1a super-match that I want to put a scope on. I want a scope that will keep up with the gun and my aging eyes if you know what I mean. What glass do those in the know suggest for this weapon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more you pay within reason the better the optic. Figure out how you want to use it and at what range you want to hit things. I know enough to let someone more knowledgeable to recommend optics, but it is good idea figure what the mission of the rifle will be. For selfdefense about my my place ranges of 0-60 yards are most important with the ability to reach out to 200 yards is good for me. So I will looking at low power magnification, but maybe with a magnifier for the occasional longer shot. But just because I want it I will set up rifles for up about 700 yards which is really stretching my overall marksmanship abilities.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Glass for your app surely does not have to cost you $600+ unless you want it for shooting 400yds+. I would think a 2-7X33 would be a good compromise between power,weight,and compactness.
    To me,the biggest worry will be the mounting system. There will be quite a bit of two way recoil inertia involved. It's gotta be sturdy . . . AND . . . will you be able to/want to get the bolt out for cleaning ?? --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I guess i should have said we want to be able to shoot this long range...I was looking at a night force 12-42x56?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Glass for your app surely does not have to cost you $600+ unless you want it for shooting 400yds+. I would think a 2-7X33 would be a good compromise between power,weight,and compactness.
    To me,the biggest worry will be the mounting system. There will be quite a bit of two way recoil inertia involved. It's gotta be sturdy . . . AND . . . will you be able to/want to get the bolt out for cleaning ?? --- SAWMAN

I hope so... my dad bought it for me as a gift and i shot it once and sent it off to Springfield to add the rail.. they took it all the way down and cleaned it while they had it so i havnt actually messed with it to much yet. I was wanting a single piece quick disconnect mount...

Top Bottom