• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure if the news has hit the streets yet or not, but Brownells now carries a new production ejection port cover like the old school ones pre-A2 style. Before you had to search for one and pay out the yin-yang for one in decent shape as only hoarders like JJ (oneshot) had them sitting around, and or maybe Sawman trying to get $100 for a beat up one but there would be 10 pages of bullshitting on his original post and no mention of the ejection port cover....Anyway, here’s the part number # 078-000-467WB.

They are also selling complete A1 style upper there now also.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/ejection-port-cover-parts/ejection-port-cover-assemblies/ar-15-a1-ejection-port-cover-assembly-sku078000467-124474-225242.aspx?sku=078-000-467

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Careful . . . a big part of building/buying/owning a retro gun (depending on just how authentic you MUST have it look) is the color match on parts.
    There are quite a few variances of blacks to grays and everything in between. Then there is the "normal" wear thing. Unless you want to install one new part,with the rest of the gun having the used/worn/stressed look,a new part could look . . . well . . . funny. Another option,given the new part is the right color/texture,is to stress the part before the install.
    All in all . . . it is your decission on how you want your guns to look. Look closely at the Brownell's guns. I found quite a few things about them that I just couldn't live with.
    AND . . . as far as the ejection port covers. I bought all the ones that I could find at jj's ( he locked me in for two nights with nothing but a flashlight,spare batteries,a Spam sandwhich,and a canteen of pond water) and am selling them for the "good deal" price of $135.00. --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Careful . . . a big part of building/buying/owning a retro gun (depending on just how authentic you MUST have it look) is the color match on parts.
    There are quite a few variances of blacks to grays and everything in between. Then there is the "normal" wear thing. Unless you want to install one new part,with the rest of the gun having the used/worn/stressed look,a new part could look . . . well . . . funny. Another option,given the new part is the right color/texture,is to stress the part before the install.
    All in all . . . it is your decission on how you want your guns to look. Look closely at the Brownell's guns. I found quite a few things about them that I just couldn't live with.
    AND . . . as far as the ejection port covers. I bought all the ones that I could find at jj's ( he locked me in for two nights with nothing but a flashlight,spare batteries,a Spam sandwhich,and a canteen of pond water) and am selling them for the "good deal" price of $135.00. --- SAWMAN

Humm, JJ ain't got no pond. Was that pond water more yeller than green? Did the taste have a little wang to it? LOL

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ah, Sawman,

You sold me a retro A1 ejection port cover for $150...could I get $15 back since you lowered the price?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You also just might want to have this DOD Acceptance Stamp on your gun also. This is the gun that I have now.
    When I got my gun in late '68 it had the stamp on the front of the mag well. IIRC some guns were stamped on the right side of the mag well.
    There again . . . depends on what period gun you want. Some of the earlier CAR's did not have any stamp whatsoever unless the owner took it off. It was just thick,white paint,applied by some sort of stamp I would guess. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20190607_093600.jpg
      20190607_093600.jpg
      376.3 KB · Views: 120
    Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom