• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At least they didn't attempt a no-knock entry with their fake warrant.

Police say that two armed men dressed in mock DEA apparel were caught on surveillance video when they tried to gain entry to a Houston suburb home.

The two men allegedly announced that they were “DEA” and said they had a search warrant for the home.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/armed-suspects-impersonating-dea-agents-caught-on-camera/

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This incident should give the dedicated home defenders out there cause to think about,or re-think their plans for a loud knock at the door.
    My wife and I DO have a plan in place and this will not change it.
    We have done nothing wrong. I keep nothing illegal in my house or on my property. If there is an attempted entry it will be met with extreme force . . UNLESS . . it is deemed legit by me with badges and associated ID cards with picture.
    Each of us needs to discuss it with the appropriate family members and have a plan of action ( or inaction). --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The above scenario is every armed home owner's potential nightmare.

Just because you are honest and do not keep contraband does not mean that you are automatically immune. From what I understand is that mistakes are much less likely to happen today relative to address errors and hopefully lies made up by an informer get checked prior to getting a warrant signed. There is the possibility of being swatted where someone gives false information to 911 resulting in an attack on your residence. If someone has gotten to my door at night it means they have most likely killed my dogs and I for one will not be happy about that.

I really do not have a plan in place for combating raiders whether they are wearing the hats of good or bad guys that are out to do me harm and likely need to think on it.

Here is a horror story that happened to an elderly black woman
    Born June 26, 1914
    Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
    Died November 21, 2006 (aged 92)
    Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
    Race has bearing here since this type substandard police work is more apt to happen in poorer and particularly black neighborhoods where police behavior is often quite different from what will happen in an upscale neighborhood.
    Kathryn Johnston (June 26, 1914 – November 21, 2006)[1] was an elderly Atlanta, Georgia, woman who was shot by undercover police officers in her home on Neal Street in northwest Atlanta on November 21, 2006, where she had lived for 17 years. Three officers had entered her home in what was later described as a 'botched' drug raid.[2][3][4] Officers cut off burglar bars and broke down her door using a no-knock warrant.[5] Police said Johnston fired at them and they fired in response; she fired one shot out the door over the officers' heads and they fired 39 shots, five or six of which hit her.[3][6] None of the officers were injured by her gunfire, but Johnston was killed by the officers. Police injuries were later attributed to "friendly fire" from each other's weapons.[2][3][6]

One of the officers planted marijuana in Johnston's house after the shooting.[7][8] Later investigations found that the paperwork stating that drugs were present at Johnston's house, which had been the basis for the raid, had been falsified.[3] The officers later admitted to having lied when they submitted cocaine as evidence claiming that they had bought it at Johnston's house.[7] Three officers were tried for manslaughter and other charges surrounding falsification and were sentenced to ten, six, and five years.[3]

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The fake cops ploy has been around since the 1920s when gangsters used the deception to kill rivals, maybe earlier. I think fake LE is used more often to hit a drug dealer $/stache or other robbery, than a real LE raid from bad info.

A common "Standard" is did the Officers properly identify themselves (verbal and visual). This too is drawing increased scrutiny due to time between presented identification and use of force; and the functional ability of suspects to recognize and comply (from sleeping, intoxication, mental status, darkness) and the proliferation of fake LE (home invasion, traffic stops, kidnapping, murder). No Knock zero dark thirty Warrants by design to enhance surprise, officer safety and minimize time for suspects to destroy evidence.

Real or not, the legal system doesn't start to sort it out until after the fact, you have to make fuzzy brained life and death decissions in miliseconds. "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by six": facing a true SWAT type raid you will more than likely be shot/killed.

Non lawyer opinion: Your best chance with real or fake LE is barriers to obstruct/delay entries, retreat to safe-room secondary barriers; the ability to impose a "Mexican Standoff": create time to assess, verbally engage, confirm, react accordingly. Know that "shots fired" yours or theirs will be interped as confirmation and escalation of deadly threats, which moves the shoot/don't shoot judgement scale: tolerable movement (+-) becomes justifiably threatening.

IMHO

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone that’s trying to kill me is a bad guy, something needs to change here , perhaps it’s time for everyone to be held accountable for their actions and punished equally. That would go a long way towards stopping those mistaken swat killings of innocent Americans. I’ll give you good odds that more time would be spent making sure they had the right house if that were the case.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone that’s trying to kill me is a bad guy, something needs to change here , perhaps it’s time for everyone to be held accountable for their actions and punished equally. That would go a long way towards stopping those mistaken swat killings of innocent Americans. I’ll give you good odds that more time would be spent making sure they had the right house if that were the case.
    But if you are SWATTED the police are acting according to 911 information and according to protocol. The 911 call may be false but how are they to know?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't care what clothes you wear, or what words you use: an armed intruder in my home gets the same treatment.

If you're legitimate LE, I shouldn't be on your radar. If for some mistake, I am, you should be using more polite tactics.
    If you're not legit, and you're just another criminal, then karma will help me rid you from our society.

Either way: you broke into the wrong house, asshole.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    in efforts to keep evidence from being destroyed , LE has been just knocking doors down , while yelling police, search warrant..

this is not , imo legal. the homeowner must see the warrant, examine the signature, then open the doors..that is the rule of law..

the coke culture has done away with that..they are so eager to seize money, possessions, to keep for the LE they are not following the constitution...

Top Bottom