• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not asking about one brand over another. I want to know what your opinion is on Single stage vs Two stage. Also why you choose the one you do?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I do not like any creep in my triggers. However,I do like the known take up of the first stage on a two stage trigger.
    When I am ready to shoot I pull it all the way through the first stage until it stops. I hold it there for 3-5 seconds or possibly longer. The next movement is the letoff. NO CREEP WHATSOEVER.
    Please allow me to add. I also like my rather expensive single stage triggers. For me,either single or double,they MUST have no creep,minimal to no overtravel,and minimal bachlash. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 1911s (and contenders) are single stage with a lot of pre-travel. The pre-travel is loaded against the trigger spring pretty heavy compared to the additional pressure it takes to disengage the sear. With the contenders and for slow-fire with the 1911s, I take out the slack, and hold it for a few seconds until the gun steadies, and then break the trigger. For sustained fire with the 1911, I try to keep the trigger moving the whole time and make the gun shoot on cadence. I tend to shoot slow fire better with no creep in the trigger/sear engagement, sustained fire better with a small amount of motion in the final stage.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All I have ever had on AR style rifles is a single stage. I have an AR pistol now, and I was eyeballing some two stage triggers. Just figured I would see why people like about one or the other. I will probably get a two stage, and play around with to see which I like better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom