• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fully automatic shooting is terms for immediate dismissal from the Club. Bumpfire, Slidefire, any similar device or style of firing are not allowed.

So with that, they've one-handedly banned Jerry Miculek and his devotees from shooting there ;)

Attachments

• belt-fed.jpg
      belt-fed.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 162

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It is all about control. If I handed 10 expieranced "hunters/shooters" a full auto carbine with a 30 shot mag,put a man sized target up at 50yds,they selected auto,and yanked back on the trigger,how many shots do you think would hit the target out of 300 ??
    How many shots would hit 10yds in front of them ?? How many would go OVER the berm ?? How about if they shot 1 shot per second ??
    Been there,done this . . . you'd be surprised. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fully automatic shooting is terms for immediate dismissal from the Club. Bumpfire, Slidefire, any similar device or style of firing are not allowed.
    So with that, they've one-handedly banned Jerry Miculek and his devotees from shooting there ;)
    PRPC
    There is no such prohibition in the rules on the plinking range if the bullets/projectiles are aimed to properly strike the lower half of the berm.

http://pensacolarifleandpistolclub.com/rules.html
    10-Rate of Fire: Firing rate will not exceed 10 rounds in 5 seconds except on the plinking range.

1) The plinking range allows many kinds of objects (aluminum can and plastic bottles) for “plinking” however hard targets such as concrete, glass and “exploding” targets (ex: Tannerite) are prohibited. Objects must be placed on or at the base of the berm only, but no higher than the middle of the berm.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is all about control. If I handed 10 expieranced "hunters/shooters" a full auto carbine with a 30 shot mag,put a man sized target up at 50yds,they selected auto,and yanked back on the trigger,how many shots do you think would hit the target out of 300 ??
    How many shots would hit 10yds in front of them ?? How many would go OVER the berm ?? How about if they shot 1 shot per second ??
    Been there,done this . . . you'd be surprised. --- SAWMAN

Actually, wouldn't be surprised how most of them would walk it right up the berm.

Army showed me rather quickly that most folks are lucky to get on target with semi-auto,
    with Rock & Roll, that number would probably 3 in 100. There are two ways to do Full auto..
    short controllable bursts...or it's used like a fire hose while you ride the lightning! :D
    Bursts being most accurate, but fire hose method being hella fun!!
    Main thing with machine guns is PRACTICE...and only the military or rich buggers can afford the ammo to get someone to the Useful point or better. Heck, the only reason I have a wife is an M60E3 would be far too expensive ;)

Attachments

• M249 vs M240.jpg
      M249 vs M240.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 170
    • m60.jpg
      m60.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 166
    • 19990256_1581150571935998_3215991444584298717_n.jpg
      19990256_1581150571935998_3215991444584298717_n.jpg
      72.8 KB · Views: 109

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at another range a few years back in Maryland before it was shut down watching an experienced machinegunner with a full auto AK at 50 yards. By experienced machine gunner this was someone that owned a lot of different FA weapons and regularly fired them a lot. He was firing into a berm that must have been 30 ft high at 50 yards from the shoulder. He could get a 3 shot burst off before he had to stop firing with the bullet stream getting near the top of the berm. You can hold them down which he was not trying to do. Get someone with little experience and FA bullets will get over the berm real fast. Some of the worst are cops when they get ahold of FA weapons for putting bullets over berms with FA weapons.
    He did have one FA weapon that he let a couple us fire a mag through that was real controllable. It was 9mm MAC FA gun, but fitted with an AR buttstock and buffer tube. It had a real slow rate of fire (normally those macs must be over 1,000 rpm) and you could control it real well at 50 yards.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've had a bit of practice. Near the end of this video I shoot the SIG MCX upper full auto.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    All the talk about modification of a brace is illegal, what about a sba3 brace with a palmetto logo? I mean technically it has a modified end cap from it's original form? Y'all got me spooked.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the talk about modification of a brace is illegal, what about a sba3 brace with a palmetto logo? I mean technically it has a modified end cap from it's original form? Y'all got me spooked.

Modification may or may not be illegal. Depends on what you did and what the ATF thinks about it. Where in their rules or letters does it say any modification is illegal.
    ''ANY''' is a very inclusive work.
    Painting it another color or putting logo on is probably ok. Modifying its shape, dimensions, or even its texture would be up to the AFT. So far the 13.5 inch rules seems to be critical. We do not know what other little rules they might have in judging it to need a tax stamp from them.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'm not sure you got my post. Palmetto has sb tactical make braces for them with their logo. Technically it's not the oem cap on the end, but deminsions are exact.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure you got my post. Palmetto has sb tactical make braces for them with their logo. Technically it's not the oem cap on the end, but deminsions are exact.
    I would not worry about it not being an OEM cap if the dimensions are identical. But I am not a lawyer and have not recently stayed in a holiday in lol. Probably in a scenario like that the ATF if they decided that a legally purchased item was later judged to be illegal they would go seize them or get them turned end. Hard to make a court case out of that it the owners surrender the item in question.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Correct me if i'm wrong but - - -> a mechenical drawing of the braces were submitted to the ATF along with their usage,how mounted,etc,etc. Most likely a gazillion 8X10 glossy's also.
    The ATF approved AS SUBMITTED. ANY change from the origional is grounds for a "gotcha" which would leed to weapon confiscation and a poo-poo on the rest of us NOT trying to take advantage of a good thing.
    Just my opinion,but like before,the ATF is probably just sittin' back and waiting . . knowing that it will not be long before some fucking smart guy comes along and does someting where they can be "justified" to step in and shut the whole "pistol" thing down.
    That guy wont be me. The non adjustable brace,with KAK tube and spacers that allow LOP variations,are good enough for me. ---- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Every time a pistol brace is shouldered, the Founding Fathers smile and another bald eagle kills its first prey."

I'm pretty sure that's etched in the cornerstone of the Washington Monument or something...

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Technically the brace was meant as a support for disabled folks to be able to shoot.
    So if ya ain't got a disability, might be on the BATF's bad side anyway on this issue....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Technically the brace was meant as a support for disabled folks to be able to shoot.
    So if ya ain't got a disability, might be on the BATF's bad side anyway on this issue....
    Are you saying the ATF might start asking for letters from your doctor when buying or possessing a brace?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    BS. I want to shoot two AR-15's, holding one in each hand. Simultaneously.
    Tell me I can't.

Man oh man, how many snowflake libtards could I cause to have a heart-attack right there, simply witnessing the Freedom? I can only dream...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah! I found a video of Mr. Miculek dual-wielding some Freedom-Makers...

If this doesn't make you smile, you should re-evaluate your life choices:

[video]https://youtu.be/b7G-sOC3-sQ[/video]

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " I want to shoot two AR-15's, holding one in each hand. Simultaneously."

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Let me know if you ever get around to doing it-I sure want to see it!

Top Bottom