• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All,

Everyone be aware the time frame for renewal has changed! I know this because I learned the hard way today. I knew my license expires this year, and I wanted to confirm the time frame I had to renew. So I looked on the Fl Dept of Ag website under FAQ for Concealed Weapons , and I talked to the people when I called the POC #, I was under the impression it was still 5 months to renew. So I made an appointment for today to renew... guess what.. I found out the hard way, it isn't on their main page of FAQ (which still says 150 days out: 1st link). As of 22 May 2019, a new renewal period of 95 days from expiration date went into affect (2nd link). I had to google this since it isn't on their main page (where it should be), the public wasn't really notified of the change, heck, not even the people that work at the main Talla office, the regional offices or the local office know it is in affect ( I called). they had to dig around and research. I am upset about this, and would like to know why they cut the renewal window in half?!

Was anyone else aware of this? I just hope this doesn't lead to a back log ( like they did in Maryland and few other blue states)...

https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Co...d-Weapon-License/Concealed-Weapon-License-FAQ (5months)

https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Co...n-License/Renew-Your-Concealed-Weapon-License (95 days)

Must read:
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-permit-system-into-a-bureaucratic-nightmare/

Last edited:

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why wouldn’t you just renew it before it expires?

I will and I always like to do it early, I dont like to wait until last minute. Plus, there is more at play here, than her just cutting the time frame in half (after all she ran on gettting rid of CCW). They are starting to play with our rights (plse see link) . We need to stay alert and on top of little things like this or we will be blindsided .

Also, what if cutting the renewal in half starts to cause a back log of renewals and issuances of CCWs? What will we be saying then? Something to think about..

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-permit-system-into-a-bureaucratic-nightmare/

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All I did was walk in a week before it expired and they made the new one, handed it to me and I paid and left 15 minutes....I don't see the issue

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was worried about doing mine. But in my locality the place where you pay county taxes and get your tags and they handled mine in about 10 minutes. Make an appointment and all should be well. I walked with my old ID CCW and they took my picture and in literally a flash they printed me out a new one.
    I am in Pace, FL and I used the office on Chumuckla close to US 90.

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All,

I understand the process, I was in Pace, I have renewed mine before. my point is, she is changing the policy and requirements without making it publically/well known or advertising it so people can properly plan.

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just call for an appointment, I went to the AG office in FWB, like I said 15 min, the appt was a week or 2 after I called

I made an appointment within the timeframe it said I was allowed to, but to only FIND out at the appointment (along with the tech, he wasnt aware of the renewal change either) that they changed the time reqs from 5 months to 95 days out and didnt inform the PUBLIC like they should..

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Few people would renew 5 mos out so I understand why it was changed..I bet you may be the only one it ever affected, no big deal, now you know, thanks for the update

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow, I must be missing sumptin", like Frank T, I got mine renewed within about 15-20 minutes. I called the SRC tag office, told them what I needed, and they transferred me to the Pace tag office and gave me an appointment for the next day. I went in, filled out the ppwk, they took my pic, and gave me my new ccp. I wasn't tryin to renew it months before it expired, I did it the same month it expired.
    Nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, you think waiting until 3 months from expiration is waiting until the last minute. Sorry, but you need a hobby.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think mine expires in about 3 weeks.
    Do you need an appointment at the Pace office or can I just walk in?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I walked straight in to molino tax office and had mine in 10 minutes... renewed a month before expiration. A pleasant experience to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I walked straight in to molino tax office and had mine in 10 minutes... renewed a month before expiration. A pleasant experience to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

my favorite place also, very quick

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fried was up front about her intent to make permits harder to obtain and retain, and was elected either for or in spite of that. The people have apparently spoken. No surprise there would be little/no effort to keep permit holders informed. It's probably on their web site, and you are expected to check often, so they don't have to tell you. That's how government/business/society work today. The anti-firearm agenda is better served if a permit expires and they can then place the "applicant" under stronger scrutiny before considering issuing another. Again, she was up front and open about her views/opinions on firearms.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Based on the comments, you'd think he was actually complaining about how much less time he had to renew.

No, tritonboy2001's post seems to me completely about the Ag Commisioner's plan to kill CWL's by death by a thousand papercuts. This is just one.

Sure, as we all know, it only takes a few minutes. Easy, right? For now.
    Since you need an appointment, you ARE competing with every other person who needs an appointment. It's easy to get one that fits your schedule, right? For now.
    She "only" reduced the hassle-free window of renewal while your license isn't expired from 150 to 95 days. Still three months, right? For now.

But what if she arbitrarily wanted to make it 30-days? Or 14-days?
    What if those fancy computers that the CWL renewal folks use drop to the bottom of the list for funds for repairs and replacement?
    What if the staffing levels for CWL renewals are reduced?

How do you think the super fast and convenient appointment process will be then? How many licenses will "have" to be generated from Tallahassee and mailed? How many CWL holders will have to legally go unarmed while they wait? And do you think they'd keep Tallahassee running any more efficiently?

The point of the OP's post is not about the damn current levels of convenience. It's about the current libtard in the Ag Commisioner's office.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Top Bottom