• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I had a chance to play with one on a recent visit where we shoot LR. I promptly fired 2 rounds before I dropped the mag so it wouldn't fire. Not real sure I like where the mag release is and it will take a second to make grip adjustments...who knows...may improve thing elsewhere too.

I went to our "New" LGS to check on how thing were progressing for them with their limited inventory and look what was there
    all Kryptek Typhoned up.

IMG_2484.jpg

A holster and a spare mag and it just might make a fine hog trap plinking tool.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
      IMG_2484.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 543

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    During the “craziness” period when Obama was the Prez, these were going for around $700-750. While it looks to be a nice hand gun and seems to be a poor mans FN FiveSeven, what keeps me from running out and getting one is the price of .22 magnum ammo.....you can buy a box of 9mm for around the same price, just my $.02 .

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    only gave a little over half that for the Kryptec version ..your right...9mm runs about $.16 and .22WMR runs about $.22 if you buy retail. I will shoot a lot more 9mm than I will 22WMR.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    seems to be a poor mans FN FiveSeven, what keeps me from running out and getting one is the price of .22 magnum ammo.....you can buy a box of 9mm for around the same price, just my $.02 .

Funny you say that. Between the wife and I we own two PMR-30 Blue Hers and I have the FDE both have the extended barrels and flash hider.

I also have the CMR-30. Just so happens I call it my poor mans MP7 because in a way it looks like one. :) Well Maybe not... I can pretend right?

BTW the CMR-30 with a 9mm suppressor on it is just simply awesome.

Pics are king so here ya go.

Tbyfmwi.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Was eyeballing that
    sure would beat the snot outta a Bullpup runnin 5.7 @ $.47 a round

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The .22 mag is not so popular I guess due to price and the fact that other shorter rimfires will not work in the .22 mag. But the .22 mag was really meant to be a hunting cartridge and you get much more out of it in rifle length barrels. The cheapest internet price that I found was 18 cents a round plus what ever shipping might be. I can get ok .22 lr sd vel ammo for about a 20% of that.
    also I think the shot loads for a pistol are better in the .22 mag. The one .22 mag pistol I have with .22 lr cylinder does not shoot to same point of aim. It shoots laterally off left-right. If it was lower-higher it would be easier to deal with. I bent the front sight over so it would do alright with .22 lr, but I need another solution if I want to use both loads.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The .22 mag is not so popular I guess due to price and the fact that other shorter rimfires will not work in the .22 mag. But the .22 mag was really meant to be a hunting cartridge and you get much more out of it rifle length barrels. The cheapest internet price that I was 18 cents a round plus what ever shipping might be. I can get ok .22 lr sd vel ammo for about a 20% of that.
    also I think the shot loads for a pistol are better in the .22 mag. The one .22 mag pistol I have with .22 lr cylinder does not shoot to same point of aim. It shoot laterally off left-right. If it was lower-higher it would be easier to deal with. I bent the front sight over so it would do alright with .22 lr, but I need another solution if I want to use both loads.

Yes I had and sold a nice 22 mag rifle bolt and stainless. The only reason for buying is to hunt Hog at Cumberland Island, GA. It was also a lottery kind like are gator hunting. They let you use rim fire only at the time. Awesome trip real outdoor camping in the wood in tents. I was young not sure if I would do that again. ha ha. Hell we would go up to Dicks Creek in GA and drive in leave the car and live what was on our backs for a week at a time walking in. Talk about great therapy... Not a cheap hobby I still have all my gear.

But I have had .22 Mag for a very long time now and so stocked up. I had to tell myself to stop buying it. I would do alot of research and you can find pretty good stuff for a little cheaper than you stateator hunting here.d it had to be free shipping and no tax or it breaks the deal. I am good for life.

You can always get a 22mag reload kit. LOL Really I have a friend that has one works well but alot of work. You are not gonna punch them out in my Dillon 650 for sure!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes......good for life.

You can always get a 22mag reload kit. LOL Really I have a friend that has one works well but alot of work. You are not gonna punch them out in my Dillon 650 for sure!

That is an interesting comment. I have seen something about reloading .22 lr rimfire and even recharging center fire primers during the ammo crisis. I never thought much of it in the case of the .22 lr, but one might save some money for the .22 mag. But likely to do a good job would be very labor intensive. The .22 mag bullet is not healed making the seating easier and I bet in theory more accurate if you were to use correctly sized and carefully seated hard cast bullets.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd be a lot more interested in the PMR30 iffin it could be suppressed. Slightly disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'd be a lot more interested in the PMR30 iffin it could be suppressed. Slightly disappointing.

The cp33 comes standard with a threaded barrel. 33 rounds from the factory and there are 50 round extended mags available. Downside is they are around 500 bucks for a 22lr......

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The parent case is close to subsonic, but I have not seen any winchester Rimfire or remington special around in years. It might not function well since it is lighter loaded and said to be a little shorter. I think the .22 RF Mag was made longer to keep it out of chambers intended for the lighter loading.
    45 gr. (2.9 g) standard velocity 1,050 ft/s (320 m/s) 105 ft⋅lbf
    A variety of Winchester, Remington, and Stevens single-shot and repeater rifles were offered from 1890 onward, but new rifles are not made for this cartridge. .22 WRF ammunition is periodically offered by commercial makers for use in the old guns.[1] It can be fired in any rifle chambered for the more powerful .22 WMR.[1] The shorter WRF cartridge may be limited to single shot use in WMR rifles, since it may not feed from WMR-length magazines, depending on design.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I always thought about buying a 3/8” x 24 to 1/2-28 adapter and then attach one of my 9mm suppressors on and try. Should be a big enough hole to not cause to much back pressure?

Also looks like this guy already did it... After watching the video looks like you would have to do a little work to make it reliable. Might be a fun project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdtBZUAoAg

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    for now I stay away from NFA items because I just do not want to deal with the BATF or the related regulations.
    I can get pretty quiet with the legal quiet ammo from CCI and with proper placement will kil most things. Probably not enough for bear or hog or big gator, but just about anything else here can be taken with a brain shot from that ammo.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Price points are still to high for what should be a $250+- handgun. .22LR version is supposed to be out but their price will no doubt be outrageous for a long time too. I will continue to live without any of them.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Threaded barrel and flash reducer for the PMR30.

USE OF A SUPPRESSOR WITH THE PMR30 PISTOL IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
    Due to the unique locking action of the PMR30 pistol and the lightweight slide and barrel, the use of a suppressor is not recommended as it will cause an increase in gas volume and pressure and the slide will likely unlock early. This will cause an increase in gases and residue that is ejected back towards the shooters face and could also cause a case rupture to occur. Any damage or injuries caused by the use of a suppressor or other heavy weight muzzle device attached to the PMR30 pistol will not be covered by any Warranty.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/pmr-threaded-barrel-with-flash-reducer/

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Threaded barrel and flash reducer for the PMR30.

USE OF A SUPPRESSOR WITH THE PMR30 PISTOL IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
    Due to the unique locking action of the PMR30 pistol and the lightweight slide and barrel, the use of a suppressor is not recommended as it will cause an increase in gas volume and pressure and the slide will likely unlock early. This will cause an increase in gases and residue that is ejected back towards the shooters face and could also cause a case rupture to occur. Any damage or injuries caused by the use of a suppressor or other heavy weight muzzle device attached to the PMR30 pistol will not be covered by any Warranty.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/pmr-threaded-barrel-with-flash-reducer/

Yea already knew that. I would not expect them to replace my gun if I wanted to try that either... I probably would look for another one though.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made an adapter for a friend to use a suppressor on his . He’s not a high volume shooter but has run more than a hundred rounds through his and hasn’t had any problems so far. I believe his suppressor is a gemtech it’s pretty lite weight and is a direct thread model with 1/2 X 28 threads.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I made an adapter for a friend to use a suppressor on his . He’s not a high volume shooter but has run more than a hundred rounds through his and hasn’t had any problems so far. I believe his suppressor is a gemtech it’s pretty lite weight and is a direct thread model with 1/2 X 28 threads.

Good info.

One one my 9mm suppressors also is a Gemtech the trinity which they renamed to the multi-mount. I have all the adapters for it. The other 9mm Suppressor is the YHM Sidewinder. They are both great cans. I would probably run the Gemtech on it though. Like you said it a nice light can. I have had it a long time.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that the PMR is overpriced also. $350. seems about right to me.
    Same with the CMR. I would like to have one but will not pay their asking price. KelTec has a much better rep than 10 yesrs ago so the price is gonna stay up until more people own them and they see the market flooded with used guns.
    Their shotguns are not extremely desirable. To heavy loaded,too many shots,weight too far to the rear. Just too damned complecated. I have never liked "bullpup" anythings. What does it get you except short OAL. Really too short for a pump 12ga with that weight. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    it just might make a fine hog trap plinking tool.

might be a bit of an overkill..once again my intended use...not EDC or target practice

I believe that the PMR is overpriced also. $350. seems about right to me.
    --- SAWMAN
    that is about what they are...the Kryptec made it a little more..probably the only reason I bought it

Top Bottom