• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My concern is if any parts on airsoft guns for FA of the common airsoft glocks could in theory be installed so the ATF might consider them a constructive intent to make a machinegun if you also happen to have a glock firearm and an airsoft pistol.
    I have seen pictures of adapters meant to cause full auto fire in a glock and it seems something a hobbyist with hand tools and such could make. Never went any further thinking about such since possession of such is illegal. Lots of pain and no gain.

This one reason I do not like to modify triggers on AKs or ARs. If a weapon regularly doubles or triples after a modification it could in the future cause some sort of legal problem.

From looking at the picture of the part I see it not similar to the switches that I have seen on airsoft glock replicas. FA pistol conversion parts do occurs now and them when someone comes up with a part that will make particular pistol go full auto. Recall many years seeing an ATF advisory notice about a part that would do the same to a walther p-38.
    When I buy an airsoft gun in future I will on the look out for such parts on the gun. I really wonder if that was an airsoft part and was actually intended for FA glock conversion. Chinese weapons in small batches are commonly smuggled into other asian countrys and once under the clinton white house there is a story that about 2000 or so FA AKs came in for use by some California street gangs.
    Two federal undercover agents--one of them posing as a suave Mafia operative from Miami--negotiated with Chinese arms dealers for more than 16 months to bring about the largest seizure of smuggled automatic weapons in American history, federal officials said Thursday.

In releasing the first details of a sting operation that led to the arrests of seven suspects Wednesday in the San Francisco Bay Area, federal officials told a spy-thriller tale of arms-import deals gone wrong, money buried under a potted tree and the payment of hundreds of thousands of dollars to illegally import 2,000 AK-47 rifles with a street value estimated at $4 million. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1996-05-24-9605240246-story.html

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So glad the ATF is spending resources to track down people who bought airsoft parts, scare the shit out of them, then maybe sort out who actually bought it to play airsoft and who thought they'd modify a real Glock. Hopefully they aren't wasting the time of too many agents with this one. Heck, if someone actually modified a Glock and tried it using those airsoft parts, it would probably blow up, and they'd end up in a hospital. Don't need a federal agent to hunt down those idiots.

I wonder if they've had any luck finding the rest of those 1400 firearms they let the Mexican cartels walk across the border? How many more Americans have died from those weapons, including at least one of their own agents?

Instead of tracking down airsoft parts, how about throwing the full extent of the law at those illegal aliens who commit crimes using guns? Plant an agent at the county lockups in these sanctuary cities? If the local a-holes won't notify ICE about the illegals in custody, then partner with ICE to have a federal agent stand in the F-ing front lobby of the local law enforcement HQ with posters of LEO murdered by illegal aliens. Captioned: "Officer/Deputy so-and-so MURDERED by an armed illegal alien who was protected by a sanctuary city. We're federal agents, just looking for cooperation from local law enforcement."

Of course, that might not seem genuine, what with the Operation Fast and Furious embarrassment and coverup still unresolved. And there is that matter of waffling back and forth on the interpretation of Law, hence effectively RE-writing the law at its own whim.

Nevermind. Let them track down airsoft parts and keep us all safe from a full-auto plastic-bb drive-by.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that part could work real well.
    it would probably blow up, and they'd end up in a hospital. Don't need a federal agent to hunt down those idiots.
    No way that part could likely blow up a gun. It could with extended use fail and perhaps the gun would not be operable after that. Explain how it could blowup the gun. There is a little button on a glock that locks the firing pin when not engaged that should prevent slam fires, that it should not fire out of battery.
    Pay attention to the firing pin/striker safety
    There is also a disconnect function in the glock. Do you know of such a kit blowing up a glock.
    glock.jpg

Attachments

• glock.jpg
      glock.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 3,037

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A) they aren’t airsoft parts, they’re only labeled as such. I can label a kilo of coke as powdered sugar, but that doesn’t make it powdered sugar
    B) being in possession of the part (even without a firearm) is actual possession of a machine gun
    C) they’re a lot of fun, but for some reason I can’t add a video from my phone on here

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wow. My point has nothing really to do with gunsmithing. I couldn't care less if they actually work or not. I don't care if they're mislabeled, intentionally or not. I don't even care if the buyers and/or sellers had "illegal intentions".

My point is now, and always will be the same root: evil exists and you will never destroy it completely. That's the balance of living in a world with so many good things. Therefore, we should resolve ourselves to battling it forever.

In that light, I feel like it's a waste of finite resources to be hunting down people who may or may not have bought a piece of metal that may or may not turn a gun that they may or may not own into one that has a higher rate of fire. Are any of them on the Most Wanted List? How many do you think will use those gimmicks to rob a bank?

My point is that we only have so many law enforcement officers, and of the honest ones, I'd rather they spend their precious time hunting actual criminals, not mail-order morons.

Side note: if you mess with the rear plate of a Glock, it can cause malfunctions. If you replace it with some bubba auto-switch, I have no idea what it could do. Again, I don't care.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snakeeyes your intentions are honorable, those of our law givers and enforcers are not with the ultimate goal being control of the people. Possession of weapons, especially FA weapons are considered to be contrary to aims of control. That is the logic and their view makes sense to obtain their aims, but for sure not to obtain moral justice.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want a full auto 19!

That FA device is compatible with a G19 or G26. The G17 is a better choice due to a little more wt in the slide. The G18 as I recall does have some sort of strengthening of the slide over that of the G17 and the selector switch is set on the side and is not an attachment to the back end.
    Screenshot_2019-05-25 GLOCK Perfection G18.jpg

G18 – Fully automatic 9mm firepower

As a true fully automatic pistol the G18 is one of the most specialized GLOCK pistols. With an external fire selector at the rear of the slide you can switch from semi-automatic to full-automatic firing mode.

It comes with an extended 19 round magazine and can provide greater firepower with the optional 33-round magazine. The rate of fire in full-automatic-mode is approximately 20 rounds per second.

Released in 1987 the pistol has the same characteristics like other previous models and the frame size of the service pistol classic G17.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-25 GLOCK Perfection G18.jpg
      Screenshot_2019-05-25 GLOCK Perfection G18.jpg
      74.7 KB · Views: 2,373
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first time I heard about these switches was in a FBI Bulletin that they sent to the Sheriffs Office a few years ago. They were supposedly developed by one of the large West Coast motorcycle gangs. They were apparently simple to make and worked quite well. The FBI was concerned that they would become prolific and cause the world as we know it to end. I have seen video of a couple of them being fired and they do seem to function as advertised. In my opinion, if someone is shooting at me with a Glock, I WANT it to be full auto. According to what I have seen, they are so fast and uncontrollable that I would stand a much better chance of survival, and they would very quickly run out of ammo. With a shoulder stock and a drum mag, maybe a different story. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first time I heard about these switches was in a FBI Bulletin that they sent to the Sheriffs Office a few years ago. They were supposedly developed by one of the large West Coast motorcycle gangs. They were apparently simple to make and worked quite well. The FBI was concerned that they would become prolific and cause the world as we know it to end. I have seen video of a couple of them being fired and they do seem to function as advertised. In my opinion, if someone is shooting at me with a Glock, I WANT it to be full auto. According to what I have seen, they are so fast and uncontrollable that I would stand a much better chance of survival, and they would very quickly run out of ammo. With a shoulder stock and a drum mag, maybe a different story. Just my two cents worth.
    What you state about the FA glocks is in general true for all machines pistols, especially when there is not shoulder stock on them. At 50 yards I am probably very safe. Of concern is that that they do throw bullets all over the area that is not good for bystanders. At very close ranges they can be very effective. In some parts of the world machines pistols like the mauser M1932/M712 Schnellfeuer were sought after. At bad breath distances one can empty from a FA glock 18 33 rounds in a couple of seconds. I would prefer for thugs not to be armed with such for sure.

Top Bottom