• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone ever used one of these? I am sure most of you are familiar with them, but if not they take away pre-travel. I assume there may be some risk with raising the rear of the trigger, and taking away pre-travel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would go out pay the money to get an after market trigger. I got one from larue for around $100 because I was willing to wait a few weeks. Trigger adjustments need to be done with care and yes they can be done, but for me the easy button is to buy a better one.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I will probably go with a drop in at some point, but right now I am just going to work with what I got.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That juice isn't worth the squeeze

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It seemed a little risky to me when I saw the video of what it is actually doing.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Spike's Tactical Battle Trigger I am going to run for now. I was considering putting a JP Spring kit in it.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I’d sell the spikes and upgrade to the Geissele.
    It just works.
    No fiddling necessary. Unless you just want a project, which may or may not work. I suppose that can be fun, in a way.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's cheaper than a single stage CMC trigger which is my close-second favorite trigger for ARs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I’d sell the spikes and upgrade to the Geissele.
    It just works.
    No fiddling necessary. Unless you just want a project, which may or may not work. I suppose that can be fun, in a way.
    I understand your point, but I am not wanting to spend anymore money right now. I'm just going to play with I got until I get bored, and then upgrade.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you adjust it yourself you must know how to test and evaluate it relative to the hammer not engaging the sear and riding down with the bolt or following the bolt by milisecond so resulting in doubling or even full auto fire.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Triggers: What is the gun used for or intended purpose? Single Stage and Two stage triggers primarily allign with seperate applications and each can be refined to various degrees or replaced (minor to major functionality). Is a 1-2lb single stage target trigger an advantage on a intended "battle rifle"? Opinions will vary but only yours matters on your firearm. There are several different aspects of trigger function and most people "learn" the intricacies of their triggers. Others identify what area(s) they (the individual not collective opinion) want to improve (in line with use): pre-travel, slack/takeup, stacking, grit/smoothness, wall/break, overtravel and reset. Then look for solutions. I think a lot of the aftermarket triggers, especially as you go up in price: are more in line with target triggers and not a "battle rifle".

I'm not a gunsmith. I have been to several factory armorer schools and can do trigger work but I don't, not even on my own firearms. I learn how to use them as they are. Don't misunderstand, I like good triggers appropriate for the application. A practiced shooter can still deliver fine results with a stock trigger and have been doing so for centuries. Different strokes, different folks.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just like anything else everyone has an opinion and I’m certainly not nocking any of the drop in triggers.

With that said I have installed and used 3 of these with no problems. I also bobbed the hammers and went with lighter trigger springs.

Not necessarily better than other options but it is inexpensive and has worked well for me.

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/shop/ar-15-trigger-adjustment-screw/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought one and installed it. I adjusted it accordingly, BUT I did not like or feel comfortable with the results. It tilts the trigger assembly (simply explaining), so the engagement becomes reduced! No a good mechanical design application! Actually for me, scary! I'd rather not have an accident! If you can't afford a trigger update (like me), I watched the UTUBE videos, smoothed up the components, and then purchased a new, different set of springs for $10. Close enough!

Top Bottom