• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert Pike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a thread/section that list current NRA instructors in area?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Most likely. But the person at the top of the list would be jj.
    ONESHOT . . . on this forum. Contact him by phone. --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Save your money on a NRA Instructor. You'll only get to shoot less than 100 rounds, and only learn what they teach you.
    So Join the Military, you'll get better hands on instructions from many different instructors and shoot uncountable amounts of ammo for Free. Not to
    mention the bonus of the education you'll receive plus many overseas tours. Learn all you can, see the world all on Uncle Sams dime.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It really depends on what you want the instructor for. I have taken courses from the NRA that legally are recognized by the FL to teach CCW classes. I just finished and passed the RSO (Range safety Officer) course and certification. I did not do this for purposes of gaining skill with guns and for self-defense shooting I would notgo to them.
    But if they were to offer clinics for some of their target disciplines I would be interested.

The RSO course I did on line and it appeared that the 6 sections of the course did not correlate each as well as they should. You cannot miss more than 2 out of 25 questions. They deliberately asked two questions related to range hygiene that even in open book format were difficult to answer, even when reading from the classroom material. I got them right partly through luck and also having a career background in health and safety did pay attention to it, where many might not.
    On stoppages and clearing them they claimed that all failures to feed were double feeds which is not true. It goes on and on.
    But is there value to such a course? For me yes since it shows the ideal way in which ranges should be managed; basically you need get rid of the nonsense and rewrite certain parts to use it in real life.
    CCW instructor course forbid the use of the word weapon. You had to use some other word for firearms LOL.

The ERGC does have at least one person that has the certification to teach the various instructor courses and you can call them up. Jeff C overthere does that and some of the other people over there did it at one time.

Last edited:

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    peter straub, he is the instructor who teaches the instructors

442161c070f92c40c3ea6f6d2dc0cd43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Pike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to one and all for reply, am current NRA instructor with 15+ years. Did not know if there was a thread/how to Forum link to advertise
    or even if it was appropriate to do so.:)

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks to one and all for reply, am current NRA instructor with 15+ years. Did not know if there was a thread/how to Forum link to advertise
    or even if it was appropriate to do so.:)

NRA instructor myself and I always just felt it inappropriate to use Our forum to advertise but that’s my personal feelings.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that's a bit of a tossup...
    Firearms Training is something that is needed for MANY...
    and we can all use a refresher every now & again...
    more than a few are probably looking for help in the various local shooting sports as well.

Maybe that sort of thing needs its own sub-forum in the For Sale section??
    That way students can give reviews for their instructors...and the folks can avoid some of the loons by reading the reviews. Of course, the reviews would have to be concise, precise, and preferably backed up with some vid if the instructor was a dipstick. If they don't allow vid...there's your first hint of dipstick-ness ;) Having a second person (wife/gf/etc) on hand to confirm goodness or badness is always helpful. And if something seems FUBAR, even to the novice...ASK. Posting things that seemed weird and asking if that does what it's supposed to, or what's the point of this technique because it worries me...very important. Might have 20 great instructors in an area and one froot loop...good to know which one is the froot loop.

Robert Pike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thnak you Big Shrek and M60. Good points to ponder. :smile:

Latest posts

Top Bottom