• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of innovation. The recoil reduction stands out but the cartridge with a steel base, brass body connected ba an internal clip screams potential failure point to me. Maybe the internal pressure on firing binds the connection tighter. Extraction force on a steel base would be better than brass but is the "clip" strong enough to drag the brass section out under adverse foul conditions? Hopefully the steel base is softer than bolt, extractor and ejector. I'm sure the designers/engineers considered all that but when you give it to the guys on the playground all bets are off. Lol

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

There is likely a lot more going relative to the materials being used for a machine gun operating at such velocities and pressure. They apparently need a steel head on the case to withstand the increase pressures. I wonder what they are using for the surfaces of their barrels. the biggie of course is how well it will handle extreme conditions as is required for any combat machinegun like being fired with water in the barrel or taking the dust of the middle east. Also just how much do militaries want new small arms systems. Time will tell.

Top Bottom