• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Especially if you happen to be a Cat !

Or a dog lol. One guy I shoot with is married into a Filipino family and described how they prepared a dog for being the main course and it was quite brutal what was done to the dog while it was still alive.
    There is very little that the chinese can not find a way to prepare and eat. I like chinese food, but I have sworn off it since I am trying to loose wt and what is served to you is really not too healthy diet wise even if it tastes good and is cheap in the buffets . The japanese sushi is very good for you if they use the right fish.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a lot of street vendor food: smells good, looks good: eat it! I can't say the same for what I've drank! If it doesnt have a exoskeleton or still moving, I'm pretty much okay with it. If people actually saw how their food was processed from source to plate, most would loose their appetite! Lol. Bathe in a fast food sink is inappropriate but hardly a real hazard compaired to many others things that actually kill dozens and sicken thousands every year.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a lot of street vendor food: smells good, looks good: eat it! I can't say the same for what I've drank! If it doesnt have a exoskeleton or still moving, I'm pretty much okay with it. If people actually saw how their food was processed from source to plate, most would loose their appetite! Lol. Bathe in a fast food sink is inappropriate but hardly a real hazard compaired to many others things that actually kill dozens and sicken thousands every year.
    If it is moving you know it is still fresh.
    The japanese are careful as to the general source of the food. My japanese karate instructor explained that in Japan even though Louisiana red crawfish have been turn loose there and have multiplied, but people he said would not eat it because they consider it dirty since it lives in mud. i am sure the chinese would not have a problem eating crawfish.
    What is killing most americans is metabolic disease and like you said the kid taking a bath is not going to make you ill. we plain eat very poorly.
    the Japanese eating sea food that originates in colder and deeper waters including the algae (kelp) is good for you. Certainly better than eating corn fed beef and pig. Range fed critters are of course different. Since I started eating herring cooked in water and drastically reduced wine consumption my bp last month was 105/52. The doctor keeps wanting to see my ankles to make sure they were not swelling. I also eat some tuna and take some cod liver oil extract. I do eat at the fast food window, but only a burger. Never fries and skip the soft drink and that is often breakfast and lunch. But I really need to stop the burger eating. Cottage cheese in the 1% fat or even fat free seems to be the way go for filling up, avoiding a lot of carbohydrates, and calories. Some now think that a lot of carbohydrates are much worse for your heart than are fats. My cholesterol is not low.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Guess what . . . snofkake kids are (semi) raised by snowflake parents and grandparents.
    Go out,play in the dirt,fall off a tire swing,tear your clothes,get rid of that hand sanitizer in your back pocket and worn on a string around your snoflakes neck. Play football outside in the rain.
    While we're at it . . . talk them snoflakes into joining the military . . . not out of joining the military. When they join up . . . they will FINALLY be raised PROPERLY.
    Thanks for your attention. ---- SAWMAN

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stupid yes, but taking a bath in the sink....no worries. Heck if you saw what goes on in the kitchen of many restaurants, you'd never eat out again!!!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guess what . . . snofkake kids are (semi) raised by snowflake parents and grandparents.
    Go out,play in the dirt,fall off a tire swing,tear your clothes,get rid of that hand sanitizer in your back pocket and worn on a string around your snoflakes neck. Play football outside in the rain.
    While we're at it . . . talk them snoflakes into joining the military . . . not out of joining the military. When they join up . . . they will FINALLY be raised PROPERLY.
    Thanks for your attention. ---- SAWMAN

Reminds me of when I was a kid, numerous times we would be playing outside, get thirsty and all us kids would run to the nearest artesian flowing well. I can’t count the different times county workers, phone, or electrical workers would ask us “is that water safe to drink?”
    Heck even now the Health department gives me fits about our flowing well, it’s 512’ deep and their worried about an animal peeing at ground level. After 500 plus feet I’ll drink it. I’m more concerned with chemicals the gov issues permits for to be pumped back into the ground. But that’s another topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Actually, teens & young adults were still doing totally whacked stuff...
    it just wasn't caught on camera and posted back then ;)

Ask anyone who saw the urinal mounted to the Principal's Door
    at my high school in 1986...he was so impressed with the level
    of Shenanigan that he left it up until he retired the next year!

But that moron at the Wendy's...sheesh...well, I blame weed.
    Because ONLY DRUGS would let something think that doing that
    would be a good idea.

Let's blame weed. Lol!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reminds me of when I was a kid, numerous times we would be playing outside, get thirsty and all us kids would run to the nearest artesian flowing well. I can’t count the different times county workers, phone, or electrical workers would ask us “is that water safe to drink?”
    Heck even now the Health department gives me fits about our flowing well, it’s 512’ deep and their worried about an animal peeing at ground level. After 500 plus feet I’ll drink it. I’m more concerned with chemicals the gov issues permits for to be pumped back into the ground. But that’s another topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if the well casing is properly packed and sealed it should be fine relative to surface contamination. The drinking water wells near me are much shallower since they are in what is called the sand and gravel aquifer. Many other parts of Florida use the floridan aquifer that in our area of NWFL is much deeper and parts of it are said to salty. Also the local chemical companies have deep well injected their waste streams into it with variances from the environmental regulatory agencies so that they could continue to stay in business.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fast food should be avoided anyway at all costs. If a person wants to immediately improve their health situation, I always tell them that the first three things they need to do is stop smoking, stop all soda consumption, stop all fast food consumption.

Fast food places with more than 10% of the employees being black are also places to avoid.

A STARTLING CONDITION! Please read!
    I'm a Vietnam vet. I spent 3 years in the jungles, villages of several countries. American civilians have "NO CLUE" about the living conditions in most of the world. To go to Vietnam, Thailand, India, etc., you will see things in the market places that would gag an (American) maggot! Fish, chickens, and everything you can imagine, hanging on hooks for days, surrounded by squadrons of insects so numerous (one day), I thought there was a generator running somewhere in the back.
    We Americans flock to "Aisian restaurants", with great expectations of great cuisine BUT think about it! Most of these people come from "the villages" and guess what... they cook, squat, wipe and keep going! That's there culture! Sorry folks, that's life! (and the truth!)
    One more thing...I lived in Pennsylvania in a small rural town. A Vietnamese family moved in and opened a restaurant whicih everyone supported, great food! One day the local police pulled their car over because blood was dripping from the car's trunk; the cops thought they killed someone!
    WRONG! It was a crate of dead chickens, being hauled around in the trunk of their car!
    Conclusion: Sometimes it's better to not ask any questions! Lastly, did you know that commercial dog food companies are buying chicken parts for dog food from CHINA! If those poor, poor people won't eat it, do you want to feed it to your loving pet? Think about it! Over-n-out, Joe K.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    On the rare occasions we eat outside of our kitchen my wife (a former restaurant manager) liked Wendy’s but due to staff changeover we noticed a deterioration in the food at that location and so we quit going there several months ago. My favorite app was “What the Health FL” which would tell you the health scores and detailed information on citations for raw food stored with cooked food, no hand washing statio, etc. but it has stopped working.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shucks, a quick trip into most kitchens would run the average citizen clean out of restaurants.

I used to deliver or Adam's Produce...we brought fresh veggies to everyone...
    there's quite a few places I won't eat at...VERY few oriental restaurants get my biz.

Will say that Ozone kept a very neat kitchen...

One can also ask to look over a kitchen at any eatery.
    If it's not too busy, most managers won't mind...
    Most are pretty clean, but very very few are Spotless...
    and that never lasts long unless run by an OCD harridan.
    So you have to put your mind into the "Acceptable Clean" mode.

I always check out the dishwashing station pretty quick.
    Might be a heck of a mess going IN, as to be expected...
    but how clean it all comes OUT and if it's in a separate area
    are KEY things to note. Also look for Hairnets & hats.
    One of the things that'll honk me off real fast is hair in food.
    That's a guaranteed Management Blowup.
    and if there are no nets, a call to the Local Health Inspector
    is assured shortly after I leave.

My first job at 15 was working at the Navarre Beach Holiday Inn
    as a dishwasher...so I know what it takes to do it right.
    Can spot real fast when they're doing it wrong.
    Ain't afraid to raise heck when it is badly wrong.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew people that were at chinese restaurant and they saw the workers use the bathroom and leave without washing their hands. They walked out of the restaurant when that happened.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Honestly! Americans have to learn about other cultures! It will change your expectations, assumptions, and habits. I've traveled the world in the military and civilian life (business) and I've eaten food that I was warned not to ask what it was, just eat it, it's good! (LOL!) From the villages of Thailand, the Caribbean, Europe, South America-----Just eat .don't ask!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Uhm, NO.

In the US, we have standards of cleanliness and hygiene. You go to a restaurant and pay a premium for someone else to cook that food and serve it to you. Part of the contract is that they are following those guidelines. If they aren't, they broke the deal. They cut corners and cheated. You'd have every right to be upset.

Just because "they do it in other countries" doesn't automatically make it a "best practice" or even "acceptable minimums" for THIS Country. I've been to the same corners of this tiny planet, and there's no way I'd advocate to do it "their way" for food prep.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Last year in Mindanao Philippines I watched a fellow hang a dog (already dead, thank God) from a tree and burn the hair off in preparation for cooking it for a birthday celebration....not many there eat dog but some still do. Definitely not a "best practice" or acceptable in my mind. Fortunately it isn't acceptable to my wife's family there, either.

Top Bottom