• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    We tell every farmer that thinks just hogs eat peanuts, that after peanuts are turned, rabbits, possums, mice, rats, coons, coyotes, deer, and hogs eat peanuts. I've seen a family (or least they are all together and of different sizes) of coyotes eating peanuts. I've never seen a fox or bobcat eating peanuts. Ones sees all sorts of critters out at night with our thermals. What I call house cats are all over the place, but seem to not be as prevalent when there are more coyotes. I have never seen a bear or panther though.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never tried or own a 14.5” Blackout. Do own and have used 8”,9.5”,10.3” Blackout uppers with a suppressor, but like 16” with its higher velocity for hunting hogs when I have to shoot a large boar. For sows it does not matter in my experience.

Ok I seen on YouTube a guy in Texas use one. I want to try one.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We tell every farmer that thinks just hogs eat peanuts, that after peanuts are turned, rabbits, possums, mice, rats, coons, coyotes, deer, and hogs eat peanuts. I've seen a family (or least they are all together and of different sizes) of coyotes eating peanuts. I've never seen a fox or bobcat eating peanuts. Ones sees all sorts of critters out at night with our thermals. What I call house cats are all over the place, but seem to not be as prevalent when there are more coyotes. I have never seen a bear or panther though.

I had a small pack of coyotes clean out two young southern bartlett pear trees. I could hear them at about 2 am but pitch dark I was not going out to deal with them. Found several piles of pear poop down by the creek. I guess they had trouble handling it, but they did come back a second night to finish the pears.
    Now that I have dogs the coyotes stay away and my little cat after 6 yrs on the porch is still living and comes by the door begging for food.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I do have a couple of 5.56 14.5" uppers, but rarely shoot them. Both are Colts and one came on my Colt SBR. Just never seemed to give a short enough "look" for me.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had a small pack of coyotes clean out two young southern bartlett pear trees. I could hear them at about 2 am but pitch dark I was not going out to deal with them. Found several piles of pear poop down by the creek. I guess they had trouble handling it, but they did come back a second night to finish the pears.
    Now that I have dogs the coyotes stay away and my little cat after 6 yrs on the porch is still living and comes by the door begging for food.

Used to have coyotes walk by the house many nights. One day our dogs were bad inside counter surfing, so we put them out in the yard at night time (they can come into the laundry room if too hot, cold or raining)...no more coyotes coming close to the house, although a coyote could take any of our dogs except maybe our lab mix. Now our dogs stand guard at night. One night a female coyote was trying to entice our dogs to come into the woods...they couldn't due to the goat fence. Listened to her yips, went on the Internet to listen to coyote vocals and found it matched female coyote enticement call. Then the yote tried to call neighbors' dogs. It was at that point that every neighbor gave me OK to shoot any coyotes on their properties if safe to do so.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew that coyotes would lure dogs out into the woods to be killed by the rest of the coyotes. I did not know it was the females that did the luring. But it makes sense. My dogs were bred to kill other canines and even the females would require little enticement to close with the coyotes. But a pack of 3 or more coyotes waiting in ambush for one dog is not good.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do have a couple of 5.56 14.5" uppers, but rarely shoot them. Both are Colts and one came on my Colt SBR. Just never seemed to give a short enough "look" for me.
    I have one 14.5 in .556 I was has anybody had that setup in .300 blackout or tried it.
    I’m thinking of getting one and try for hog and deer.

Top Bottom