Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My apologies..I thought this was my friends video. This is a guy that tried it after he recommended it. They don't shoot it in the day time it is more right before sunset.

You can see the impact in black hot there. When the bullet goes through the material it generates heat. You can put a dot on it to aim at, then you can move the sight to the POI when it shows you where you hit. Even if your bullet goes through the same hole later it will still generate heat just not as much. It is easier than hot hands, heated foil, roofing nails...whatever you are using. They found the product and have been sharing the results.

Several years ago I tried an "+" made out of electrical tape. I used three layers.
    When the bullet went thru it generated a heat bloom about the size of a nickel. It quickly faded in about 15 seconds,to the size of the bullet ( .277" ).
    Muffler tape is all I need now. I use 3 layers. Seems that it glows brighter using my green color palette selection.
    I have Butler Creek scope covers on my thermal. No rubber eye cup for me. When sighting in during the daylight hours,I cover my head with a black piece of material. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

3. Likes SAWMAN's Post:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Several years ago I tried an "+" made out of electrical tape. I used three layers.
    When the bullet went thru it generated a heat bloom about the size of a nickel. It quickly faded in about 15 seconds,to the size of the bullet ( .277" ).
    Muffler tape is all I need now. I use 3 layers. Seems that it glows brighter using my green color palette selection.
    I have Butler Creek scope covers on my thermal. No rubber eye cup for me. When sighting in during the daylight hours,I cover my head with a black piece of material. --- SAWMAN
    ,I cover my head with a black piece of material. --- SAWMAN

Ever forget to take it off and walk into a 7 to 11 to get some refreshments?

Got a call from a farmer I know that a hog(s) had damaged his peanut field (the peanuts are already forming underground). Met farmer at the field, and he showed me the damage. Said I'd try and come out tonight and at least hopefully see what's doing the damage. At 10pm a large hog showed and began rooting up and eating peanuts. I stalked about 300 yards until I felt I couldn't get closer due to some high weeds (would have made too much noise going through the weeds that were between 2 peanut fields) and shot. He ran, and I put another shot in him. He fell about 40 yards away. A big one, it took all I had just to move him a few feet to a dirt road/path so I could take some pics. Probably the biggest I've taken. I left a message for the ranch owner asking for his help to move the hog in the morning.

As usual, I used a 300 Blackout. To get an idea of the size, my AR has a 16" bbl and the suppressor is 7.5".

Name:  DSCN3702.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  106.0 KBName:  DSCN3703.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  105.0 KB

Name:  thumbsup.png
Views: 28
Size:  17.9 KB

7. Likes Jester896's Post:

Good shot!! I saw 8 of the damn things in a retainment pond on Eglin coming back up from FWB. I guess they feel safe enough there to mill around in daylight.

9. Likes MauserLarry's Post:

What mixture do you use on making sausage out of them "PORKERS:

Quote Originally Posted by bobinbusan View Post
    What mixture do you use on making sausage out of them "PORKERS:
    When I've had sausage made, I take the meat to Oakes Meat Processing and have it made into Maple flavored (tried some flavors and my wife and I settled on Maple). However, the last three hogs I haven't known anyone that I knew wanted the meat or could handle a hog, and both my freezers are near full (I eat game meat every week), so the ranch owner (his multiple freezers are full of hog) brings his John Deere Gator and we tow the hog to a far corner of the ranch and let the wildlife take it (in a couple of days there's just a stain on the ground and a jaw bone left). Up until recently, I'd always prided myself on harvesting the meat, but everyone that's taken meat before has either died, moved away, or still has a freezer full OR, I wasn't able to kill a hog when they needed it for a BBQ or roast. The farmers and ranch owner want kills more so than saving meat, so we keep them happy and in turn we have hard to get hunting permission. Yesterday we got permission on 2 more fields.

In the past, a few times I was able to get hogs for people "on order", and that was a very satisfying experience. A family visiting from Missouri wanted 3 to take home, and a family wanted one for a Christmas dinner (they met me at a field to pick up their hog on the way home from a Christmas Party). One time I was going to physical therapy, and my therapist asked for a hog, and I delivered. It rarely works out though. Recently I tried hard to get a hog for an Air Force group's cookout, but they had a backup plan and bought a hog the day before the cookout.

Last night's hog was too big for me to handle with my not so good shoulder. It can be hard to have anyone "on call" in the middle of the night to come help load and clean a hog. Used to have a friend like that, but he moved to Alaska.

12. Likes Daezee's Post: