• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fortunately I avoid the waiting period with my CWL and I've never gotten a "Decision Pending", maybe an uncommon last name has helped with that.

A class action lawsuit was filed against the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) by gun advocates, saying potential gun owners are being left in limbo as it relates to a waiting period to purchase a gun.

In Florida, there is a three day waiting period when purchasing a gun, in order to allow authorities time to conduct a background check on the would-be gun owner. Lately, owners of stores like The Arms Room say they are seeing more customers having to wait longer than the three days.

"Somehow FDLE has gotten the idea that that three-day background requirement no longer applies to them, and that they can just ignore it and ignore it indefinitely with no time limit," said Florida Carry's attorney, Eric Friday. Florida Carry says a "Decision Pending" status started affecting more customers after the passage of the Parkland bill in 2018.

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/battle-brewing-over-gun-waiting-period

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never had to wait over an hour for the computer decision to come back.
    A pawn shop or gun shop can get a touchscreen tablet with the BATF 4473 program...
    it's WAY faster than the phone call. Usually the answer comes back within 15 minutes.

Did get ONE hold for Decision two years ago due to a dipstick with the same first & last name kidnapping his niece & going Amber Alert...but certainly understood WHY! I've actually been held for check by an officer on the side of the road once for the same turkey being wanted in connection with a felony...thank goodness we don't have the same middle name and he's 20-something years older!! Fortunately he's currently in jail for the next 20 years, so future checks should be rather easy ;)

The situation the OP listed does make one wonder how much of the Delay is due to the New Florida Ag Secretary being Anti-gun???

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    After the last rule change I had a customer that had to wait 2 months for his approval. With the new rules, i can't let the gun go until the state says I can. Old rule was 3 days, then I could legally let the buyer have the gun, decision or not.

ETA. I've had ccw holders get "pending" before. Don't think that the card clears you off these hassles. Not to mention the issues with the latest dept of ag and how they're treating current ccw holders

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe some folks need to sue the Ag Dept so that clown lady gets the right message...mess with legitimate gun owner, you get a lotta legal headaches and toilet paper in yer trees ;)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    And there are "pro-2A" idiots who still support even MORE background checks Nationwide...

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And there are "pro-2A" idiots who still support even MORE background checks Nationwide...

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

I suspect there are also "pro-2A" idiots that support Nikki Fried, too. She came right out and promised she would make CCW permits harder to get and hold, and there she sits in office. I see no outward sign that the republican(?) governor has even voiced an opinion on her conduct or the 2A. Not encouraging.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suspect there are also "pro-2A" idiots that support Nikki Fried, too. She came right out and promised she would make CCW permits harder to get and hold, and there she sits in office. I see no outward sign that the republican(?) governor has even voiced an opinion on her conduct or the 2A. Not encouraging.

Fried represents a powerful group, the marijuana lobby, and that is why she was elected. Her antigun position did not hurt her getting elected either. Marijuana represents a powerful lobbying and financial group. Put the two positions together and that gives her some political power and protection. I know that early on her office did some crappy things to CCW people. I have not heard what she has been doing lately.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fried represents a powerful group, the marijuana lobby, and that is why she was elected. Her antigun position did not hurt her getting elected either. Marijuana represents a powerful lobbying and financial group. Put the two positions together and that gives her some political power and protection. I know that early on her office did some crappy things to CCW people. I have not heard what she has been doing lately.

And that illustrates the core problem perfectly; we have degenerated into mob rule, and money talks, rather than constitutional governing. At this point in time, both government and justice are for sale.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And that illustrates the core problem perfectly; we have degenerated into mob rule, and money talks, rather than constitutional governing. At this point in time, both government and justice are for sale.
    Nothing new about that. It has always been that way. Now days due to better communication technology it is just more apparent.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nothing new about that. It has always been that way. Now days due to better communication technology it is just more apparent.

Nah. As recent as 240-years-ago, people were already getting fed up with government and "justice" being paid for by foreign influences. When the over-stepping arrogance of that foreign power was challenged, there wasn't an amount of money you could pay either the Colonials or the redcoats to solve the core issues.

Those brave souls who fought to found this Place would be proud of what we've accomplished and simultaneously disgusted at what we've allowed.

These concessions that undermine the Constitution... all in the name of "public safety" but they're just mechanisms for public Control.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Agreed it is not new, and yes, modern technology widely distributes information. The real problem is, it is so rampant and ingrained that the general public numbly accepts it as if it were just another weather report at half-past the hour.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post

Nah. As recent as 240-years-ago, people were already getting fed up with government and "justice" being paid for by foreign influences. When the over-stepping arrogance of that foreign power was challenged, there wasn't an amount of money you could pay either the Colonials or the redcoats to solve the core issues.

Those brave souls who fought to found this Place would be proud of what we've accomplished and simultaneously disgusted at what we've allowed.

These concessions that undermine the Constitution... all in the name of "public safety" but they're just mechanisms for public Control.
    Read your history with more scrutiny. People always strive to advanced themselves and the easiest way to do that is through deals with public officials. True during our revolution some did the right thing and finally for the own reasons the French intervened in the end making it impossible for the English crown to win. I will guarantee you there was corruption during the revolutionary war. I might add that after the war about 200,000 people called torries were forced to leave the USA.
    Today at every level in the USA there is corruption and only extremely ignorant people are not aware of it.
    My favorite scene from the patriot

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We're talking around the same thing. My point is that even though the corruption is more "obvious", there will always be people who can't be bought. Those are the ones who keep the cause going. On both sides of the issue.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We're talking around the same thing. My point is that even though the corruption is more "obvious", there will always be people who can't be bought. Those are the ones who keep the cause going. On both sides of the issue.

Agreed on that point there is always someone about that is honest enough for people to notice. But they do not farewell in most cases. Now many politicos say that they are the only honest ones that that you can trust and will prove it going to church claiming to pray for guidance in all of what they promise to do-- trust them the least. I know of one local BOCC member in Santa Rosa that prays with same guy that he grants developer's variances to.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed on that point there is always someone about that is honest enough for people to notice. But they do not farewell in most cases. Now many politicos say that they are the only honest ones that that you can trust and will prove it going to church claiming to pray for guidance in all of what they promise to do-- trust them the least. I know of one local BOCC member in Santa Rosa that prays with same guy that he grants developer's variances to.

Yer onto something there. It's wide-spread, and deep, too. That kinda stuff runs like an alternate form of business around here.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yer onto something there. It's wide-spread, and deep, too. That kinda stuff runs like an alternate form of business around here.
    There is a big battle brewing in Santa Rosa county over the developers having a residential zoning and building spree. Schools are just about maxed out as are the local roads ways. Requires millions of dollars in new infrastructure to fix and such infrastructural work should have been started several years ago just to have kept up.
    Florida law provides for impact fees that the realtor oriented board of county obviously is opposed to. The board's answer is an increase sales taxes that will likely fail to br passed by the voters. No one likes more taxes. The realtors are winning and the politicians are getting away with it for now. Not enough people get concerned about it and they will not get upset until there is a real big mess. I am retired so the crowded roads and public schools do not concern me as much as someone that has to go to work everyday or has children in schools.
    This is building spree is happening generally in the area, but is particularly accelerated in my area of Pace, FL.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Everbody wants "a study". It has to cost millions and be super involved and technical.
    OK . . . here is a study worth doing,but like the Dems with the Mueller report,you (some) most likely will not like the result and want a "do over".
    The "study" should be all about the 3 day (or whatever) waiting period. It should specifically look at,and report accurately on:
    1. How many people were required to wait.
    2. How many times the the 3 day turn into 5 day.
    3. How many times did the 3 day turn into more than a 5 day. This should be reported by a graph.
    4. How many times did the applicant kill or harm another person during the 3 day or longer waiting period.
    5. Under what conditions were these people harmed. Example: HD/SD,murder,to save another persons life,etc,etc.
    6. How many times was the applicant or their family or friend harmed while waiting the 3 days or more. And at what point in the wait were they harmed. ( should be shown by graph)
    7. How many times did the applicant wait the prescribed amount of time,come back,take posession of the firearm,and immediately go out and kill someone,or rob (at gunpoint) someone.
    8. How many times did the applicant wait the prescribed amount of time,come back,take posession of the firearm,immediately turn it over to another individual (straw purchase) and they immediately went out and killed or robbed someone.
    Inquireing minds like mine . . . want to know. ( Yeah,like that's ever gonna happen. ) The ONLY results of "studies" that are ever released to the general public,are the "studies" that fits someones agenda. And in this matter it would be the anti gun politician's. --- SAWMAN

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a big battle brewing in Santa Rosa county over the developers having a residential zoning and building spree. Schools are just about maxed out as are the local roads ways. Requires millions of dollars in new infrastructure to fix and such infrastructural work should have been started several years ago just to have kept up.
    Florida law provides for impact fees that the realtor oriented board of county obviously is opposed to. The board's answer is an increase sales taxes that will likely fail to br passed by the voters. No one likes more taxes. The realtors are winning and the politicians are getting away with it for now. Not enough people get concerned about it and they will not get upset until there is a real big mess. I am retired so the crowded roads and public schools do not concern me as much as someone that has to go to work everyday or has children in schools.
    This is building spree is happening generally in the area, but is particularly accelerated in my area of Pace, FL.

It has been accelerating in Pace for a while now. I don't quite understand it. Where do all these people work? New houses for $250K and up are everywhere around Pace. Meantime most of the businesses coming to the area are fast food joints that provide almost zero decent jobs. I can't make a lot of sense of it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I agree with your above.
    My wife's company works with retail customers and builders/contractors in areas within about a 100 mile radius of P'cola.
    After the Creasview area,Pace/Milton is the fastest growing area within those 100 miles. I go to 5Points every now and then,then head E on Berryhill Rd. There are tons of new subdivisions to the N of Berryhill. This,all the way to Whiteing Field.
    The Cantonment,Molino area has quite a few ne subdivisions also. On both 97 and 297 there are at least 8 new housing areas that when completed,will have about 400-500 new homes. Most are in the "low 300's".
    Out Navy Federal way,on W 9Mile Rd,all the way to Perdido River,is exploding also. NavFed will have 15,000 employees,working three shifts,when complete. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has been accelerating in Pace for a while now. I don't quite understand it. Where do all these people work? New houses for $250K and up are everywhere around Pace. Meantime most of the businesses coming to the area are fast food joints that provide almost zero decent jobs. I can't make a lot of sense of it.
    I have sort of made a bunny trail here with this topic. But zoning and building new homes does not always mean they will sell. Since trump has been office local home building and sales have gone up and the money is out there for loans to the builders, but they are building so many homes, not just in Pace, but for example 100's of acres surrounding the pensacola rifle and pistol property in molino have been zoned over in escambia for the Exit 3 group for residential housing and they hope to sell to the employees from navy federal. This is not good news for the PRPC.
    Some of the home buyers in Pace will be retirees coming from the north due to cheaper housing and taxes compared to the north. The housing boom does provide temporary employment for the laborers that build them, but likely not enough income to buy what they build so they will live in single and double wides.
    We could end up with some large subdivisions with just a few homes on them in the beginning waiting for buyers to come so more houses get built.

Latest posts

Top Bottom