• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I work directly with about 20 home builders in the panhandle... for the most part they are selling them faster than they can build them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work directly with about 20 home builders in the panhandle... for the most part they are selling them faster than they can build them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for that information since I was curious. Do you know what sort of people are buying? The fact that they are selling is why they are building. Question is can they sell 1,000's. A controversial development on the ball property in woodbine is IIRC suppose to have 720 homes alone.
    A large residential and commercial development with 726 homes is in the works off Woodbine Road in Pace. ... brainchild of Destin-based real estate acquisitions and development ... The land, which is owned by the Ball family, is located on the west side of Woodbine Road, about ...
    There are many more developers getting more areas zoned that are smaller and likely some that are larger relative to the number of residential units. I guess the developers are willing to gamble that the market is there.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a big battle brewing in Santa Rosa county over the developers having a residential zoning and building spree. Schools are just about maxed out as are the local roads ways. Requires millions of dollars in new infrastructure to fix and such infrastructural work should have been started several years ago just to have kept up.
    Florida law provides for impact fees that the realtor oriented board of county obviously is opposed to. The board's answer is an increase sales taxes that will likely fail to br passed by the voters. No one likes more taxes. The realtors are winning and the politicians are getting away with it for now. Not enough people get concerned about it and they will not get upset until there is a real big mess. I am retired so the crowded roads and public schools do not concern me as much as someone that has to go to work everyday or has children in schools.
    This is building spree is happening generally in the area, but is particularly accelerated in my area of Pace, FL.

Just as bad here in Okaloosa. There appears to be no thought/control of anything. As long as someone is willing to pay for a building permit, have at it. The rampant building has made it impossible to expand most existing roads to handle the traffic, and has drastically reduced land available to build new roads. Local municipalities accept no blame, but think the state should do something about it. But, at least we have an express route to get the tourists to Destin, and the locals pay the bulk of the tolls.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom