• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I call BS.

That place is huge. I can understand not wanting to deal with the hassle but to say they don't have the space is a cop out.

It is huge. Maybe they don't have the storage in place for 40+ guns in shipping boxes, plus everything on their side for 3 day holds.....idk

epointer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was told a gun wouldn't scan. Guy got pissed he couldn't buy it that second. Called headquarters (camping world). Higher up tried to force the sale through to make customer happy and couldn't.....but now there is a used gun in their system and camping world didn't have a second hand license in place. Flde showed up and shut them down. So now dude doesn't have a good deal on said gun and it's now sold under camping world and will likely sit in space. Just what I was told. Truth?

That was one of the stories I was told.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    isn't their "vault" that room at the end of the gun counter? I could imagine that room getting full.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would think it's more along the lines that they are responsible for the accountability of their "free gun" inventory? Not to mention if the guns got damaged while in their custody including rusting up, they'd most likely be responsible for those damages as well.
    Keeping up with other peoples stuff for free is a great service, but abusing it should not be tolerated. They should implement a store policy of charging storage fees after 30 days once you're notified your gun is there for pick-up. And just like failing to pay your storage unit fees, or vehicle mechanic work, after a time period of storage and not paying, it reverts back to the storage company, auto repair shop or it's auctioned off. I'm not sure if it's the same with firearm dealers and stores, but it should be.
    I wouldn't want to "hold" 30-50+ firearms at a time for unknown periods of time for anyone either and incur the responsibility of them.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    right on................ very sensible solution.. They should implement a IF YOU DO NOT PICK UP IN 30 DAYS WE WILL SELL AS USED POLICY...

THAT WOULD KEEP THEM DOING THE 5 DOLLAR BACKGROUND CHECK FOR SURE AND GIVE US A GOOD AVENUE OF CHEAPER?? GUNS

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just guessing here, but I imagine the transfer guns bought and shipped to store are kept in a separate safe in the gun room. The gun is already paid for and Gander doesn't need the additional liability of one being grabbed and sold by mistake. A stretch, but plausible. I for one took advantage of this program and got my purchase out the day they called. Had a feeling it wouldn't last long so took advantage early. A couple stores in town charge $50 or more for a transfer. Thats a lot of money for a 10 minute paperwork transaction, I dont care who you are or what your business situation is. A rip-off by any other name is the same. One shop charges $20, but thats per item. A buddy bought 3 lowers and had them shipped to an FFL before he called. FFL temp halted doing transfers and sent lowers to another FFL. Thats where my buddy made a mistake and eventually paid the price.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just because you didn’t pay for it , doesn’t mean it was free. Nothing is free , some one always pays.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Transfers are always a pain in the ass for dealers. Some just don't want to deal with them because it takes away sales for them. It's not possible to compete with online dealers that only have to launch auctions or maintain a website. All they have to do is drop ship guns from a vendor and they make a little profit. Brick and mortar stores have a lot more overhead they have to pay for and have to make a profit to stay in business.

To be honest, I'm shocked that Gander did free transfers for as long as it did. If I had an FFL, I definitely wouldn't be doing it for free. A lot of hassle to make a few bucks. I like to think that I'm a bit frugal but I'm also a realist. Gotta look at it from both sides.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, this has become a fairly long discussion. Does anyone know if they are still doing it? Right after they told me about it, I looked on their website and it said something like $70 to do a transfer? I have just continued getting mine done at Deep South Arms and Ammo, as the transfer prices are good and also the ammo and firearm prices aren't bad either. I let my "membership" expire and do not plan to renew. I do not believe they will last that long but time will tell. Walmart acting like Dick's may help them some???

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You boys better go get your guns... gander has all their inventory at 40% off (except guns/ammo) and the rumors of bankruptcy are already flying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You boys better go get your guns... gander has all their inventory at 40% off (except guns/ammo) and the rumors of bankruptcy are already flying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The parking lot is the most full it’s ever been. Looked like there are still lots of safes, kayaks, coolers and optics left.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sooo, is it worth the drive over there?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom