Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gander Outdoors

45 ACP
    Transfers are always a pain in the ass for dealers. Some just don't want to deal with them because it takes away sales for them. It's not possible to compete with online dealers that only have to launch auctions or maintain a website. All they have to do is drop ship guns from a vendor and they make a little profit. Brick and mortar stores have a lot more overhead they have to pay for and have to make a profit to stay in business.

To be honest, I'm shocked that Gander did free transfers for as long as it did. If I had an FFL, I definitely wouldn't be doing it for free. A lot of hassle to make a few bucks. I like to think that I'm a bit frugal but I'm also a realist. Gotta look at it from both sides.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Benjamin Franklin

2. 3 Like JoeCorrado's Post:

45 ACP
    Well, this has become a fairly long discussion. Does anyone know if they are still doing it? Right after they told me about it, I looked on their website and it said something like $70 to do a transfer? I have just continued getting mine done at Deep South Arms and Ammo, as the transfer prices are good and also the ammo and firearm prices aren't bad either. I let my "membership" expire and do not plan to renew. I do not believe they will last that long but time will tell. Walmart acting like Dick's may help them some???

12 GA
    What does deep south ammo charge for a transfer?
    Thanks

45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
    What does deep south ammo charge for a transfer?
    Thanks
    $15 for long gun, $20 for handgun and other(I.E. lowers, etc) Background is included in those prices

6. Likes tros6t's Post:

Local Dealer Little Jack's Guns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaster's Gallery View Post
    I don't know why more dealers don't do free transfers. It provides the opportunity to meet many thrifty, well informed people.
    Do you have any Brit in you? That's dry as hell... and so true.
    Intentionally Left Blank.... Or is it?

8. 2 Like Little Jack's Guns's Post:

Local Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jack's Guns View Post
    Do you have any Brit in you? That's dry as hell... and so true.
    Maybe I should have a contest to see what folks think the real description is.

10. Likes Roaster's Gallery's Post:

You boys better go get your guns... gander has all their inventory at 40% off (except guns/ammo) and the rumors of bankruptcy are already flying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    You boys better go get your guns... gander has all their inventory at 40% off (except guns/ammo) and the rumors of bankruptcy are already flying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The parking lot is the most full it’s ever been. Looked like there are still lots of safes, kayaks, coolers and optics left.

45 ACP
    15 % off on guns and ammo.
    "All About Floors" We do floors and more.

Gander Outdoors

Gander announced they are closing 27-37 stores to concentrate on RV stuff. Guess Pensacola is one of them.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/reta...etail-strategy

“Camping World is moving away from its strategy of acquiring outdoor retail stores to create business synergies with its existing RV outlets.

In a statement, the Lincolnshire-based company said it will “strategically shift away” from its existing locations that do not have the ability to sell and service recreational vehicles. The move could mean 27 to 37 stores are either sold, closed, relocated or repurposed.

That would represent a roughly 22 percent elimination of Camping World’s total outlets, with 165 locations currently able to sell or service RVs.

“We believe the sale and/or servicing of recreational vehicles is our core and most important offering and, with the RV and outdoor consumer crossover, we believe there is an opportunity to continue growing our market share and improve our financial performance through the operation of locations with RV sales and/or service and, when feasible, our hunting, fishing and camping products,” CEO Marcus Lemonis said in a statement. “We will continue to operate our RV sales and/or service locations under three banners: Camping World, Gander RV and Outdoors, and Gander RV.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CESwartz07; 09-11-2019 at 04:41 PM.