• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I’m probably mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that Academy would price match
    They probably both do it. Gander once matched the price on a S&W for me. But that was before the closing.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have fair prices on their gunstuff, some high, and some higher than other local places, but all in all, very fair. I think the higher priced stuff is for the people with the ideology that if it's high priced, it's the best. Even tho you can find the same exact item cheaper, if you call around.
    I find myself going there for fishing stuff too, just because they carry a greater selection of lures other local places don't, and the prices are really fair. But the rods are mostly high (quality rods tho), but they are everywhere.
    I just wished they (Academy Sports, Walmart, etc) had someone knowledgeable of this area and order stuff most likely used around here. If you ask them to maybe stock something, they tell you to go on "their" website and order it. BS, if I gotta order your stuff on-line that you should have in stock for this area, I'm ordering from the cheapest place. As it is now, they say they have no control on what corporate sends them. A good example of such goofy items are the moose calls in Walmart and at Academy. Their saltwater and freshwater lure choices are dwindling, especially Walmart. And they wonder why internet sales are putting them out of business. It;s not 100% all the internet, it's their business practices. I'd pay a dollar more for a pack of weedless worms or saltwater grubs that I want today, instead of waiting for a mail delivery. Anyway, Gander has some fair prices.

Haven't seen the moose calls at Walmart but have bought some from the Academy for like $10 and sold on ebay. I'm thinking not that many moose hunters in NW FL -:). They also had some 338 Lapua dies and bullets on super sale, which I also bought and sold to someone out West! I asked them once, why they stock these items, but of course they don't know, nor care!

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m probably mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that Academy would price match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do, but it has to be identical and certain stores, on-line included (but certain ones), and give maybe a 10% discount too. I bought a heritage .22 with both cylinders for around $100 a few years ago. Mike's had it advertised for maybe $109 or $129 or $139, can't remember exactly (thinking $129). Academy had it for $179 or $189 I think. Anyway, the sales guy kept saying it was a different pistol and couldn't do it. But after a few minutes he agreed it was the same one (item #) but then said he couldn't do it because of the price difference and called a supervisor over. Sup said do it.
    So yes, they do match.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i was at gander outdoors yesterday. They are stopping ffl transfers...........

They are stopping ffl transfers.............

Why? There is a backlog of over 30 guns that have not been claimed by owners that have been sitting over 30 days.

They will not accept anymore transfers until backlog is brought down.....................................................

So do not buy online and have sent to gander outdoors without checking first.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^ Da'yam, maybe they'll have a super sale deal on those 30+ guns sometime soon, if they don't get claimed soon? Kinda like getting car work done and you don't pay your bill, they sell it for the bill owed. m16

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Go pick up your chit. Most have been there since March. Idiots. He said there are a few customers they have called 6 times. Act like they don't care. These are items that have been paid for. Jesus.....drives me crazy.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    30 days?

March?

Stop complaining until you've held stuff for over a year. It's not like they don't have the space.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The gun manager said...."he is fixing to start sending them back to where they came from to make space"

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Wonder how a return will go? It's been too long at most places. Some don't accept returns. You've just spend 3-4 maybe 700 dollars on a firearm you'll likely not get your money back or the gun

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    They also aren't allowed to sell used guns anymore because someone made a complaint to headquarters. There was an electronic issue then the atf got involved. One person ruins it for everyone

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They are out. Don't even have room to hold the 3 day wait sales cause it's full of transfers.

I call BS.

That place is huge. I can understand not wanting to deal with the hassle but to say they don't have the space is a cop out.

epointer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They also aren't allowed to sell used guns anymore because someone made a complaint to headquarters. There was an electronic issue then the atf got involved. One person ruins it for everyone

I call BS on this. I've been told this same line as well as 4 different other things. If anyone is a Good Sams member, I wouldnt renew it... I doubt this place will be around much longer.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe they'll transfer the guns to me to let me do the transfers..... I smell business opportunity.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    dudes............ Stop bitching and go pick up your fukn guns.....................sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I call BS on this. I've been told this same line as well as 4 different other things. If anyone is a Good Sams member, I wouldnt renew it... I doubt this place will be around much longer.
    I was told a gun wouldn't scan. Guy got pissed he couldn't buy it that second. Called headquarters (camping world). Higher up tried to force the sale through to make customer happy and couldn't.....but now there is a used gun in their system and camping world didn't have a second hand license in place. Flde showed up and shut them down. So now dude doesn't have a good deal on said gun and it's now sold under camping world and will likely sit in space. Just what I was told. Truth?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom