• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I stopped by there today, plenty of stuff left even with the %40 off. I left empty handed again from that store, lol. Was interested in checking out the Romeo4 red dots but they were gone. Too bad they dont have a big selection of Thermal.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A Sept. 3 Crain’s Chicago Business article revealed Camping World, which owns Gander Outdoors, is refocusing its efforts on its core business of recreation vehicle sales and service and plans to sell, close, relocate or repurpose 27 to 37 stores that do not sell and service RVs.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've never seen more than a couple people in the store. Academy is busy even in off peak hours.
    If there is one left I'm gonna buy the biggest safe they have. Lol.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Talked to a friend about the closing. He said a couple weeks ago all their suppressors were half off and they sold out. How does that work with the nfa if they shut down?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Camping World should have stayed out of the declining world of NASCAR. They surely could have used those millions more wisely. --- SAWMAN

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An acquaintance of mine has made off like a bandit from all the sales Gander has had lately. He was able to score a suppressor and now an FNX Tactical at an awesome price. Who knows what else he's bought lately. If I had the extra cash, I would be up there myself.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought 2k+ 2 days ago and walked out paying 1,200. You get the 40% off, plus 5% (military discount), plus the member discount.

Brother said a guy had/bought a shopping cart full of scopes 2 days ago. I guess he has a mom/pop store?

And Yes, they still have some large safes as of yesterday.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You boys better go get your guns... gander has all their inventory at 40% off (except guns/ammo) and the rumors of bankruptcy are already flying...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was told they're closing that store because of an apparent city zoning pissing match. Seemed Gander wanted to sell some campers in the present store, (Camping World) but was told they couldn't. So they said they'd buy the building next to them and sell them there, and again was told No. So owner basically said F U and said close the store.
    So I don't know for sure, but that's what I was told 2 days ago.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought 2k+ 2 days ago and walked out paying 1,200. You get the 40% off, plus 5% (military discount), plus the member discount.

Brother said a guy had/bought a shopping cart full of scopes 2 days ago. I guess he has a mom/pop store?

And Yes, they still have some large safes as of yesterday.

Yup was told yesterday,,,,40 % sale running...….. So I guess we break even after the 40% off,,,,LoL

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, they had 40% mark-up? But not sure, just my thinking. Either way, No way can you buy an i-pilot riptide for less than $500, brand new. js

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Picked up a few g17 and magpul g17 mags for my dad and some 300blk just cause. Mags were a great deal, ammo was fair. I looked at a trijicon 1-4x(green illum) but even after the discounts it was $500, not enough to bite on. Aero lightweight mounts would've been about $50 which is great as well. Guns are only 15%, doesn't cover their mark up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Picked up a few g17 and magpul g17 mags for my dad and some 300blk just cause. Mags were a great deal, ammo was fair. I looked at a trijicon 1-4x(green illum) but even after the discounts it was $500, not enough to bite on. Aero lightweight mounts would've been about $50 which is great as well. Guns are only 15%, doesn't cover their mark up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

what was the price on the 300blk? if you dont mind...

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was told they're closing that store because of an apparent city zoning pissing match. Seemed Gander wanted to sell some campers in the present store, (Camping World) but was told they couldn't. So they said they'd buy the building next to them and sell them there, and again was told No. So owner basically said F U and said close the store.
    So I don't know for sure, but that's what I was told 2 days ago.

That's interesting and could be something to it but they're gonna close anyways. The parking lot is almost always empty. Haven't had much success using their website. Maybe they now have it fixed? I tried to order some reloading supplies. I expected the hazmart plus shipping but not $322!!!!! It's was only a few thousand primers and 8 lbs of powder. Also when you buy items from the store as a member you get at least 5% but when you buy online you don't, at least for ammo and shells. So I pretty much gave up. They had some good used guns but hadn't been back in months. Returned two items from Walmart today and will see how much I can not spend anything their. But as usual it was packed with retirees (Pace store)

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    just left there, they tell me they arent closing, reducing inventory...
    Yeah... reducing inventory so there's less stuff to move when they close. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom