APOD Firearms

PLEASE . . Need Help With AR Problem . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    NOW . . . doing some research on the net . . . seems some AR's were built without a slot/notch to accommodate the return spring.
    This all came about because the Chinese stole the technical drawing for the AR and during the translation they did away with the return spring.
    NOW . . . as per the guys over at ARF.com . . . some AR's have a working return spring and some do not.
    All owners of a AR should check their weapon for this feature.
    Next comes the sure "tell" as to weather your AR has two gas ports,or only one. JJ showed me this one. ---- SAWMAN

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sawman,
    I used to have a bunch of those springs but sold them at the last gun show. Seems like everybody needed one or two.
    The proper nomenclature is "Charging handle 4:1 ratio slack reducing adjustable anti handle slop keeping in place safety oriented trans-gendered wobble adjusted tempered steel spring thingy.
    If you find a source for them, let me know.

Is that the "Fully semi-automatic" style?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having a problem with my AR. If I pull the charging handle all the way to the rear,lock it open,and the handle stays to the rear.
    Is the return spring missing or broken ?? Could I get another from Brownell's?? --- SAWMAN

Stick your right index finger into chamber (where the bullet goes into the barrel) and feel around for a little button pin, at the same time using your left-hand thumb, push that little somewhat ping-pong paddle looking button on the left side of the lower (slightly above and to the right of where you put the clip (magazine) in. That should fix your problem.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    right next to the rate of fire adjustment screw. goes from 200 rounds a minute to 10,000

Top Bottom