• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I cut my own grass. I'm looking for a company to weed and feed and fertilizer and keep the bugs away. I currently have trugreen and searching for a new opportunity. Thanks.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What didn't you like about Trugreen? They advertise here heavily and it's annoying enough I won't give them business just based on that. Plus don't they have annual contracts?

I had "Lawn Doctors" for a couple of years but they were meh. Nothing to recommend. Now I just go with a (relatively) local business. I suspect that you will end up doing the same.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    They do call and try and upsell. I really haven't seen a huge improvement with them. I've got more dirt now that the weeds have been gone the last couple years. At least when I had weeds and it was cut it all looked green from the street lol

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    They use the same chemicals Everytime and I feel like a local company would switch it up or use the chemicals nessecary for how the lawn is acting. They just spray the same thing every trip.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I worked for WFL(West Florida Lawn) back in the day. Unless their business model has drastically changed, the techs are paid hourly and don't work off of commission or how many jobs they get done per day. That makes a difference in how each house is treated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Too long of story,but I had a terrible time with,and getting rid of,Trugreen.
    I would never reccomend them. --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too long of story,but I had a terrible time with,and getting rid of,Trugreen.
    I would never reccomend them. --- SAWMAN

You guys please pardon me for a while as I'm on my way to the hospital (I fell out and hit my head) after reading Bill's post about having a hard time with getting rid of somebody. I should be fine as I have a really hard head but Sawman's post really shook me to the core.:lol:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You guys please pardon me for a while as I'm on my way to the hospital (I fell out and hit my head) after reading Bill's post about having a hard time with getting rid of somebody. I should be fine as I have a really hard head but Sawman's post really shook me to the core.
    I couldn't help but think the same thing... I figured it'd be something like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino "get off my lawn".... but I guess not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've been using Lawn Master out of Pensacola since last summer. They do seem to address specific issues with my lawn (i.e. killing weeds now) rather than just treating every lawn the same. YMMV

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just FYI here. Unless it's changed in the last few years a company or individual charging to put out fertilizer, weed killer, pest control, etc on your lawn must be licensed through the State if they are providing the material. On the other hand if YOU buy the material and have it on site, they can put it out for you without a license. The license and education for that ain't cheap.

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Father & Son Lawn Maintenance. I think they're located in Gulf Breeze. He says in his tv ad that he does things different. I don't you lawn service myself. Good luck.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Just FYI here. Unless it's changed in the last few years a company or individual charging to put out fertilizer, weed killer, pest control, etc on your lawn must be licensed through the State if they are providing the material. On the other hand if YOU buy the material and have it on site, they can put it out for you without a license. The license and education for that ain't cheap.

understand that. im more looking for a local mom and pop type business. i dont need a handyman on my lawn, or a large company that just puts out whats filled on their truck. id like someone versed in the field that has the time and passion to change and treat as needed to keep my grass healthy. make it healthy. its terrible now.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    understand that. im more looking for a local mom and pop type business. i dont need a handyman on my lawn, or a large company that just puts out whats filled on their truck. id like someone versed in the field that has the time and passion to change and treat as needed to keep my grass healthy. make it healthy. its terrible now.

I understand. Part of the reason people want a contract is because the cost of doing business is pretty high with testing and licensing. I was in that business for a few years until I broke my ankle and foot and just couldn't do it anymore.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Long story short . . . I finally had to call the sheriff on them (TruGreen) and had him explain "criminal tresspass".
    THEN - - -> They were gonna sue me and lien my house,etc,etc. None of which ever happened.--- SAWMAN

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a simple grass mower, have a small business I mow about 20 properties and will say stay as far away from trugreen as physically possible. I can’t give you a direction unfortunately but as others have said look for some one thats small and local. The information about the state license being expensive and difficult is no joke. For me to spray round up in flower beds took 1-2 school days a year, a couple hundred dollars to the state and a monster insurance premium spike ie it’s not worth my time and that’s 1000 times easier and cheaper than any pesticide or herbicides license for yard use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Don't know if you have found someone yet but this is a friend of mine and his dad. They work mostly in the Pensacola area.
    Holdeman's Total Lawn Care
    (850) 327-4612

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope the OP found what he was looking for and thank him for the use of his thread to find out about TruGreen. Even their advertising here broke the HOA rules so bad that the HOA offered to have the WCSO explain life to them, if they didn't change their ways.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TrueGreen and Terminex are sub companies of a larger Evil Empire. Terminex continued to service our lawn even though we moved out of state and no longer owned the property. We had to hire a lawyer to straighten out the mess but they turned us over to a collection agency and we took a hit on our credit scores. In my opinion, all the larger commercial firms suck green donkey dicks.

Top Bottom